UW - PacTrans (Region 10) Small Project Proposals
We are soliciting small project ideas from researchers at the University of Washington. Small PacTrans research projects can be funded for up to $60K of federal funds, require a 1:1 non-federal match, and will be solicited based on the PacTrans theme:
Developing Data Driven Solutions and Decision-Making for Safe Transport
The submission procedure contains two steps, (1) proposal abstract submission by April 6, 2015, and (2) full proposal submission by April 20, 2015. Proposal abstracts will be used for timely recruiting reviewers. Those missed proposal submission deadline are not allowed to submit full proposals. All submitters are required to submit both proposal abstracts and full proposals before the specific deadlines.
The full proposals must be submitted electronically through the PacTrans website by April 20, 2015 with the goal of having decisions sent to PIs by May 26, 2014. Anticipated period of performance starts from June 16, 2015 approximately.
NOTE: Small projects at other PacTrans institutions (outside of the UW) need to be coordinated through each institution’s associate director.
- The proposal needs to describe the benefits to the region, the project deliverables, and a technology transfer plan as outlined on the proposal template: Download.
- The project (including all project deliverables, reporting, and technology transfer plans) needs to be completed in one year after the project starts. PacTrans expects semi-annual reports to be submitted through the project period.
- Research projects funded by PacTrans should fall within the US DOT strategic goals related to safety and sustainability.
- The proposal text (problem statement, objectives and approach, and expected benefits) should be no more than 6 pages excluding the References section (template is available on PacTrans website).
- The budget template is available here: Download.
- A detailed budget is needed and should clearly identify the source of the 1:1 non-federal matching.
- A signed letter from the non-federal source (or related documentation) needs to accompany the budget: Download.
- The project budget can include no more than $60K of federal funds.
See detailed instructions here: Download.
- Due April 20, 2015, 11:59pm PST
Please upload all your documents here. Should you have any questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.