University of Washington - PacTrans (Region 10) Small Project Proposals
We are soliciting small project ideas from researchers at the University of Washington. Small PacTrans research projects can be funded for up to $60K of federal funds, require a 1:1 non-federal match, and will be solicited based on the PacTrans theme:
Safe and Sustainable Solutions for the Diverse Transportation Needs of the Pacific Northwest
All proposals must be submitted electronically through the PacTrans website by November 15, 2014 at 11:30pm PST with the goal of having decisions sent to PIs by December 15, 2014. Funds for the UTC will be available on January 5, 2015.
NOTE: Small projects at other PacTrans institutions (outside of the UW) need to be coordinated through each institution’s associate director.
- The proposal needs to describe the benefits to the region, the project deliverables, and a technology transfer plan as outlined on the proposal template: Download.
- The project (including all project deliverables, reporting, and technology transfer plans) needs to be completed in one year after the project starts. PacTrans expects semi-annual reports to be submitted through the project period.
- Research projects funded by PacTrans should fall within the US DOT strategic goals related to safety and sustainability.
- The proposal text (problem statement, objectives and approach, and expected benefits) should be no more than 6 pages excluding the References section (template is available on PacTrans website).
- The budget template is available here: Download.
- A detailed budget is needed and should clearly identify the source of the 1:1 non-federal matching.
- A signed letter from the non-federal source (or related documentation) needs to accompany the budget: Download.
- The project budget can include no more than $60K of federal funds.
Project selection process:
- Each consortium partner will preselect up to $120K worth of projects + 1 extra to be presented at the PacTrans board meeting.
- The preselection process within each partner institution will be based on (1) some peer review process, and (2) each university's specific needs.
- All pre-selected projects will be presented to the PacTrans Board of Directors who will then select the best $120K worth of projects at each university based on the PacTrans strategic directions of safety and sustainability, and that regional issues are addressed with reasonable breadth and diversity.
See detailed instructions here: Download.
Please upload all your documents here. Should you have any questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.