Classes, Events, and Community Resources
- For Girls Only: A Heart-to-Heart Talk on Growing up and For Boys Only: The Joys and Challenges of Growing up
- Two-part classes recommended for girls and boys 10 to 12 years old and a parent or trusted adult.
- Focus on what the child and parent should expect as girls and boys begin adolescence.
- Emphasis on family communication and support resources.
- Kohl’s Helmet Safety Program at Seattle Children‘s
- A program to get more kids and teens into properly fit helmets.
- Training for parents and kids on how to properly fit helmets.
- Free helmet fitting and giveaway events throughout the year.
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
- A video-based class that teaches first aid basics, how to identify and care for medical emergencies, how and when to call 9-1-1, child and adult CPR and AED, and how to help a choking infant, child, or adult.
- For adults with limited or no medical training.
- ACT! Actively Changing Together at the YMCA
- A healthy lifestyle program for youth (8-14 years old) who have a body mass index greater than the 85th percentile.
- Within Reach
- An organization dedicated to helping families access the resources they need to be healthy.
- Get help with healthcare, food, and child development learning opportunities and access.
To find out more about these resources and other Seattle Children’s offers visit https://www.seattlechildrens.org/health-safety/classes-events/.
Articles and Blogs
- My Good Growing Newsletter
- Technology 101
- Safety and Injury Prevention
- Child Development and Parenting
- Find even more articles regarding your child’s safety and wellness, including topics such as Behavioral and Emotional Wellness, Growth and Development, and Nutrition and Fitness by visiting Seattle Children’s Safety and Wellness page at https://www.seattlechildrens.org/health-safety/.