Proficiency of Examination:
- Fletcher RH, Fletcher SW. Has medicine outgrown physical diagnosis? Ann Intern Med 1992; 117:786-7.
- Oddone EZ, Waugh RA, Samsa G, Corey R, Feussner JR. Teaching cardiovascular examination skills: results from a randomized controlled trial. Am J Med 1993; 95:389-96.
- St. Clair EW, Oddone EZ, Waugh RA, Corey R, Feussner JR. Assessing housestaff diagnostic skills using a cardiology patient simulator. Ann Intern Med 1992; 117:751-6.
- Mangione S, Nieman LZ, Gracely E, Kaye D. The teaching and practice of cardiac auscultation during internal medicine and cardiology training: a nationwide survey. Ann Intern Med 1993; 119:47-54.
- Craige E. Should auscultation be rehabilitated? N Eng J Med 1988; B1572-8.
- Johnson JE, Carpenter JL. Medical housestaff performance in physical examination. Arch Intern Med 1986; 146:937-41.
- Noel GL, Herbers JR Jr, Caplow MP, Cooper GS, Pangaro LN, Harvey J. How well do internal medicine faculty members evaluate the clinical skills of residents? Ann Intern Med 1992; 117:757-65.
- Mangione S, Nieman LZ. Cardiac auscultatory skills of internal medicine and family practice trainees. JAMA. 1997; 278:717-722.
back to top
- Hayword, R., et al. (ed), and the Evidence Based Medicine Informatics Project at McMaster University. Evidence-based Medicine: A New Approach to Teaching the Practice of Medicine. http://hiru.mcmaster.ca/ebm/userguid/overview.htm. (1997).
- Oxman, A.D., et al, and the Evidence Based Medicine Working Group at McMaster University. User's Guide for the Medical Literature. http://hiru.mcmaster.ca/ebm/userguid (1997).
- Sackett, D., et al. Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine. http://cebm.jr2.ox.ac.uk/
back to top