Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association
2008 CE Survey - Details on the Questions for 'Other'
2. If you answered "no", please share with us your reasons for not coming. Check all answers that apply.
3. What ONE factor most influences whether or not you take a CE class?
- Too far away, Portland would be more centrally located.
- If I don't know what the classes will be, how can I know if I'm going?
- Prefer weekday CE Tue, Nov 20, 2007 8:17 AM
- It's nearly a year from now...
- Will need to see how budget is in a few months.
5. What other topics, or specific CE classes, would you be interested in having offered?
- its in Seattle
- If it is not in Portland or Vancouver, WA, I will not be allowed to go due to funding and lack of managerial support.
Last Modified: Tuesday, 30-Mar-2010 13:57:39 PDT
- Librarian's role in support for physician CME. Especially in the light of changing requirements.
- Marketing; Strategic Plans; Grant writing;
- Your list looks quite varied and interesting - thanks!
- Advanced PubMed and MeSH searching
- space planning
- Search methodology for systematic reviews, more evidence-based practice for nurses
- "Knowledge management"- knowing what kind of database to use for various kinds of material, e.g. storing journals and books in one kind of database, perhaps articles and reading lists in another...
- Can't think of anything else.
- The class I enjoyed most at MLA was the mini-med school. That was great fun, and I'd like to do it again.
- Look to me that most of these classes are of great interest to me. Although I marked several as "not interested", it is only in comparison to the others. If these 2 classes are offered, I would still seriously consider taking them.
- Copyright update - using the MLA 2007 publication.
- Since I"d be interested in many of those you've listed, I don't want to add to the list at this time. Good job!
- institutional repositories
- Wow! These topics look great. Truthfully, I'll attend any one of these, even the ones I am not so interested in because I am sure I would learn something and I love the networking. Thanks.
- Where is our healthcare system going and how do we prepare for the change.