Students must be matriculated graduate or professional students or graduate non-matriculated (GNM) students to be eligible to apply to the Environmental Management Certificate program.
Prior to admission, students must have completed a one quarter upper-level or graduate-level course in each of the following:
- Applied quantitative methods (e.g., microeconomics, numerical modeling, applied statistical methods) or pure quantitative methods (e.g., mathematics or statistics);
- Social or natural science.
In addition, strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills are required.
Admission is competitive and students are selected on the basis of their academic preparation, ability, and program fit.
When to Apply
- The Spring 2015 application deadline has passed. Late applications to begin in Autumn 2015 may be considered on an individual basis according to qualifications and space availabilty. Please email Program Director Clare Ryan at email@example.com for more information.
- See confirmed projects on the Keystone Projects page.
Admission Application Procedures
EM Application Form
To apply for admission, submit the application form (Word doc) and the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Application (about 500 words, or 1-2 pages). Your application serves as a writing sample and should: 1) Address in detail how you anticipate the program will help you meet your academic and professional goals; 2) Demonstrate your experience and interest in the environmental field.
- Resume or CV. Please include your education and work experience.
- Transcripts. Undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all educational institutions attended – including your current UW transcripts. Unofficial copies are fine.
Our admissions committee carefully considers all completed applications. Decisions are based on the student’s letter of application, academic record and experience, and potential fit with the Keystone Projects.