Hall Health Mental Health
Fall Quarter Groups 2012 1. DBT Skills Group (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group). Mondays from 1:30-3:00 p.m. starting Monday, September 24, 2012. Ten weeks. Learn how to increase self-awareness, build relationship skills, manage crisis situations, and better control your emotions. Open to clients referred by their Hall Health Mental Health Clinic providers. Co-facilitated by Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) and Meghann Gergber, PsyD (221-7941).
2. Procrastination/Perfectionism Group – Two Sections: Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to noon. Ongoing. Starting September 26, and September 26, 2012. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Being troubled by procrastination and perfectionism is not a requirement. Learn how to be less anxious. Co-Facilitators: Anil Coumar, LMHC and Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: 206-543-5030, option #4.
3. Follow-Up MBCT Group for Depression and/or Anxiety. Wednesdays from 11:30-1:00 pm beginning September 26, 2012. Ongoing. For those who have already participated in any Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Depression, a follow-up group is now being offered. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
4. Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners. Two Sections: Wednesdays 10:30-noon and Thursdays 4-5:30, beginning October10 and October 11, 2012. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4. For questions e-mail or phone the group facilitator, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; firstname.lastname@example.org
5. A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Mondays 4:30-6:00pm. Starting TBA, 2012. Eight weeks. This group focuses on teaching mindfulness as a means of becoming aware of thoughts, feelings and behaviors that lead us to define and identify ourselves as anxious. The goal of this mindful approach is to learn how to better manage our uncomfortable thoughts and feelings, not by attempting to control or avoid them, but by inquiring deeply into them and accepting them. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact co-facilitators Jane Mortell, MA, LMHC, at email@example.com, or Michaela Wehner, BA, M.Ac., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Exploring Sexual Orientation: Fridays 2:30 to 4:00 pm. Ongoing. Start TBA. The purpose of this group is to provide a safe, supportive, and affirming environment where individuals can explore thoughts and feelings around sexual orientation. Members can be individuals who are anywhere in the lifelong “coming-out” process, which includes: people who may be uncertain and are questioning their sexual orientation, people who may be coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer, and people who struggle with “being in the closet” at work or school, with friends, and with their families. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group facilitator, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, 206-543-5030, option #4 or email@example.com.
7. A Therapy Group for People with Sleep Problems: Mondays 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Ongoing. Start TBA. Trouble falling asleep? Trouble staying asleep? Not feeling refreshed after a night’s sleep? Finding it difficult to shut off your thoughts and fall asleep? Worried about not being able to function the next day?This group will address these concerns and more. By combining ancient techniques from “Yoga Nidra” (literally means “yogic sleep”) and Inquiry (very similar to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) you will learn skills to address sleep problems on both physical and psychological levels. Facilitated by Anil Coumar, LMHC. Contact Anil at 206-543-5030, option #4
Cost of all groups: $49/$64 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.
Ricardo ______________________________ Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC Mental Health Therapist Hall Health Mental Health Clinic Box 354410 Seattle, WA 98195-4410 Front Desk: 206-543-5030, option #4 Direct: 206-897-1992 Fax: 206-543-4716 firstname.lastname@example.org