The UW Summer Health Profession Education Program will be be hosting a webinar on Friday, December 6th, 2018.
The UW SHPEP program dates are June 24th to August 2nd, 2019.
The application is open now (Dec 1). The deadline to apply is Feburary 15th, 2019.
In its 30th year, shpep offers the same valuable experiences:
- Academic enrichment courses in biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, biostatistics
- Individualized shadowing experiences with healthcare providers and population health organization groups
- Operating room/emergency room shadowing opportunities
- Medical and dental clinical simulation experiences
- Biomedical research shadowing opportunities
- A curriculum built on increasing awareness and knowledge of the social determinants of health and healthcare disparities
- Service learning and clinical activities
- Weekend activities, including a trip to Mt. Rainier National Park
- Room and Board
- Travel expenses if needed (and within guidelines)
- $600 stipend
Please visit shpep.org to apply.
More information about the Seattle site: http://cedi-web01.s.uw.edu/pre-health-programs/shpep/