PSO Annual “Standing Ovation Award”
PSO has created a new award to recognize UW Professional Staff and honor individuals who have made a difference. Nominate someone today by completing the online nomination form!
Who is eligible?
Anyone from the University of Washington or surrounding community may nominate a professional staff member for an award. Any current professional staff member working at the University of Washington, including Bothell campus, Seattle campus, Tacoma campus, and UW Medicine is eligible.
What are the criteria for the award?
- Impact – How did the nominee’s actions positively impact co‐workers, supervisors, students, faculty, patients, or others?
- UW Values – How did the nominee exemplify any one of the UW Values of integrity, excellence, diversity, collaboration, innovation or respect as reflected in the University Vision & Values?
- Dissemination of Knowledge and Resources – How did the nominee’s actions disseminate academic knowledge and/or resources that otherwise would not have been disseminated?
- Above & Beyond – How did the nominee exceed job expectations and achieve results beyond the scope of his/her job?
How do I nominate someone?
Nominate a Professional Staff member by completing the short online nomination form.
What is the “PSO Standing Ovation Award”?
Nominees will receive a folder with their nomination letter and a certificate of nomination. Nominees will also be listed in the PSO newsletter. The winners will receive:
- Personalized gift
- Engraved desk statuette
- Public recognition and a standing ovation at the Spring PSO members meeting
- Letter to department head with copy to supervisor and employee
How often is the award given?
The “PSO Standing Ovation Award” is presented annually at the PSO Spring meeting. The nomination deadline for 2013 is April 19, 2013.
- Fall 2011: The three award winners were Melanie Pepin from UW Medicine Pathology; Suanty Khagan in the School of Marine Affairs, and Adam Hall from Suzzallo & Allen Libraries.
- Spring 2011: Congratulations to Corinne Hunt, Paul Zuchowski, Ellen Barker and Kristine Kenney.
UW Today Article "Spring ProStaff Award winners: Barker, Hunt, Kenney, Zuchowski "
- Fall 2010: Louise Clauss, Namura Nkeze and Lisa Whitehead were the first recipients of the ProStaff award in December 2010!
UW Today Article "Clauss, Nkeze, Whitehead: Recipients of new ProStaff Award named"
Think of all that Professional Staff do to make the University of Washington a better place, and show your appreciation. Nominate someone and let him or her know how THEY have made a difference!
Please email the PSO Board at email@example.com with any questions.