History of Science Minor
The minor in the History of Science provides students an opportunity to focus on the History of Science. History majors are permitted to complete this minor. Anyone considering this minor should contact the the History Undergraduate Advising Office as soon as possible.
Declaring the Minor
To apply for a minor you must have completed at least 90 college credits. You must declare this minor through the History Undergraduate Advising Office.
To complete a minor in the History of Science students must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- HIST 311 and 312 (10 credits)
- HIST 390, Junior Colloquium (5 credits)
- HIST 493, Senior Research (5 credits)
- One approved history of modern science course (5 credits)
- A minimum grade of 2.0 in each courses applied toward the minor
Applying to Graduate
You must declare the minor before the last day of the quarter in which you wish to graduate. Failure to complete this paperwork will mean the minor is not posted to your UW transcript.