The Puget Sound Writing Project is influenced by these core beliefs: teachers who write are the best teachers of writing and teachers are the best teachers of teachers.
Writing, reading, and discussion are organically intertwined and work together in the classroom. Higher order thinking is made visible through writing and speaking.
PSWP guides teachers to be reflective practitioners. We sponsor Summer Institutes, in-school in-service programs, and special events to promote literacy.
Affiliated with the National Writing Project, PSWP is part of the University of Washington English Department. PSWP serves the Seattle area and all across Western Washington.
Announcing the PSWP Summer Lineup!
Here's information regarding the summer classes soon to be available for registration! If you have any questions or want further information contact PSWP director, Holly Stein at email@example.com or 206-790-0266 (cell).
- PSWP Summer Invitational Institute | View Further Info Here!
- This institute places an emphasis on developing teachers as writers and instructional leaders; best practices in literacy; research; CCSS connection; responding to reading with writing; writing process; writing assessment; collaboration with school PLCs and PD efforts.
- Participants will receive 10 credits upon completion of the class. Cost is $850. Meeting times are from 8:30am-3:30pm, June 29th-July 10th, PLUS seven Saturdays during the 2015-16 school year. Instructors will be the PSWP directors, Holly Stein and Bob McNamara.
- PSWP Writing Workshop | View The Info Sheet Here!
- This class focuses on writing workshop; writing time, writing groups; craft lessons; reflection. Genre is open; craft lessons will focus on memoir, article writing, the personal narrative. We welcome anyone who teaches.
- Participants will receive 3 credits upon completion of the class. Cost is $450. Meeting times are from 8:30am-12:30pm, July 13th-16th and July 20th-23rd. Instructors will be Holly Stein and Kim Norton.
- PSWP Reading and Writing for the Common Core: ELA and Social Studies | For More Info Click Here!
- This class focuses on language arts and social studies content; CCSS standards; instructional strategies in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Participants will receive 6 credits upon completion of the class. Cost is $650. Meeting times are from 8:30am-3:30pm, August 3rd-14th. Core instructor will be Kim Norton, with guest instructor Doug Selwyn.
PSWP Newsletter 2014
Click here to view our newsletter, released September 2014. This document contains important announcements about upcoming events and interesting stories relevant to the program.