Writing Institutes for Teachers
All PSWP institutes welcome K-16 teachers who want to deepen their knowledge about the teaching of writing. Teachers will have the opportunity to practice their own writing, investigate an educational topic of your choice related to writing, share your teaching strategies, and learn efficient strategies from other teachers.
Coming Summer 2015:
- PSWP Summer Invitational Institute
- This institute places an emphasis on developing teachers as writers and instructional leaders; best practices in literacy; research; CCSS connection; responding to reading with writing; writing process; writing assessment; collaboration with school PLCs and PD efforts.
- Participants will receive 10 credits upon completion of the class. Cost is $850. Meeting times are from 8:30am-3:30pm, June 29th-July 10th, PLUS seven Saturdays during the 2015-16 school year. Instructors will be the PSWP directors, Holly Stein and Bob McNamara.
- PSWP Writing Workshop
- This class focuses on writing workshop; writing time, writing groups; craft lessons; reflection. Genre is open; craft lessons will focus on memoir, article writing, the personal narrative. We welcome anyone who teaches.
- Participants will receive 3 credits upon completion of the class. Cost is $450. Meeting times are from 8:30am-12:30pm, July 13th-16th and July 20th-23rd. Instructors will be Holly Stein and Kim Norton.
- PSWP Reading and Writing for the Common Core: ELA and Social Studies
- This class focuses on language arts and social studies content; CCSS standards; instructional strategies in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Participants will receive 6 credits upon completion of the class. Cost is $650. Meeting times are from 8:30am-3:30pm, August 3rd-14th. Core instructor will be Kim Norton, with guest instructor Doug Selwyn.
A limited amount of PSWP funds are made available on a need basis. Please send an email to email@example.com for details.