Resident Life: Supervision
- All Residents receive 3 to 5 hours of weekly supervision
- PGY-2s have one hour per week, and PGY-3s and PGY-4s have at least two hours per week of psychotherapy supervision.
- Supervisors are drawn from the regular faculty or over 400 clinical faculty
Types of Supervision
- Attending supervision on inpatient, consult, and emergency services
- Off-ward supervision during inpatient services
- Caseload supervision in outpatient clinics
- Group supervision as part of psychotherapy seminars and outpatient clinics
- Individual psychotherapy supervision
- Beginning residents are assigned a faculty advisor based on their stated interests. The resident can change advisors if desired.
- The faculty advisor assists in choosing rotations and in career planning.
- The faculty advisor serves as your advocate if necessary.
Available Individual Supervision
- Supportive therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Psychodynamic/psychoanalytic therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Dialectical-behavioral therapy
- Integration of treatment modalities
- Faculty from 3 psychoanalytic and 1 Jungian institute in Seattle
- Other psychotherapies