Academic Year 2014-2015 Q Center Student Coordinator Positions –
The Q Center will be hiring self-motivated, reliable and passionate social justice oriented undergraduates to work during the 2014-15 academic year.
We have two undergraduate student staff positions available for 2014-2015 (fall, winter, & spring quarters):
1) OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Facilitate Q Center programs and services in collaboration with those who may not access the Q Center space
- Work to get new people in the Q Center
- Create and maintain a friendly, welcoming, supportive environment that encourages people to come back to the Q Center
- Have knowledge of resources in and outside the Q Center
- Plan events that outreach to the UW queer and trans* community
- Maintain an intersectional social justice perspective in all aspects of work
2) QUEER PEOPLE OF COLOR (QPOC) ADVOCATE
- Advocacy and community building by and for queer people of color, students, staff, faulty, and community alike.
- Critical application of anti-racism and anti-oppression ethic.
- Intersectional accessibility: programming needs to be open to everyone in our communities, financially, physically, emotionally
- Continuing and building relationships with the Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center, the D Center and the ASUW Commissions
- Participate in educational programming for constituents and allies
To apply, please visit our online hiring application.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 28TH. Applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis to schedule interviews.