Vision & Services
The Q Center envisions a Washington community where justice, equality, compassion, and respect for all people prevail.
We use the following frameworks:
- We facilitate a brave, affirming, liberatory, and celebratory environment for students, faculty, staff, and alumni of all sexual and gender orientations, identities, and expressions.
- We approach our work with intentional interpersonal processes.
We aim to:
- Facilitate holistic culturally embedded and appropriate services for Q students, faculty, and staff.
- Increase understanding and access to comprehensive, accurate, and respectful information and care regarding sexuality and gender.
- Support, affirm, and celebrate the range of sexual and gender experiences, orientations, and expressions.
- Eliminate campus harassment and discrimination based on sexual and gender orientation/identity.
We employ the following strategies:
- Love & Celebration
- Transformative Space
- Community Building & Organizing
- Leadership Development & Mentoring
We offer the following core services:
- Policy advocacy
Love & Celebration
- Welcome Luncheon
- Lavender Graduation
- Social space
- Group Meeting Space
- Computer & Wi-Fi access
Community Building & Organizing
Leadership Development & Mentoring