Prior to starting the application process we recommend that you first review information located on the University of Washington Graduate Admissions web site. The Graduate Admissions web site contains information on:
Steps to complete electronically in the online application (MS and PhD):
Steps required by The Graduate School:
- Select Your Graduate Program (QERM M.S. or Ph.D.)
- Review Requirements and Deadlines
- Report Prior Schools
- Report English Proficiency Scores (Only required for non-native English speakers)
- Review Checklist of Application Materials
- Pay Fee and Submit Application
Steps required by the QERM Program:
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Upload Statement of Purpose
- Upload Personal History Statement
- Upload Summary of Quantitative Coursework, including date taken and grade. Also include in progress or planned quantitative courses.
- Self Report GRE Scores
- Request that official GRE scores be sent directly to the UW (institution code 4854) from Educational Testing Service (ETS) ,to be received no later than January 10th.
- Designate Recommendations (minimum of 3 recommendations)
- Upload unofficial copy of ALL college transcripts.
(Note: If you are offered admission you will be asked to submit your official transcript to the Graduate School for degree verification).
International applicants will be required to mail additional information to Graduate Admissions. Please refer to the answers to frequently asked questions asked by international students.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), mandate all schools, including the University of Washington verify certification of adequate financial support from each international applicant without resorting to unauthorized employment. Additional information documentation of financial ability can be found on the Graduate Admissions application.
If you have questions about the application procedure, please contact Joanne Besch, QERM Graduate Program Adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.