What are Safe Table Forums?Safe Table Forums bring together stakeholders in Washington's health system for informed discussion on timely, often challenging, topics from multiple perspectives. They offer a safe table, an honest broker, and balanced information.
Principles of the Safe Table Forums
- A Safe Table Forums offer decision makers and other stakeholders a neutral meeting place for off-the-record discussion. The forum promotes candor and honest exchange. All ideas are welcome; all comments are offered and listened to with respect.
- Honest Broker The convener is nonpartisan and neutral about the issues addressed. The convener does not advocate through the forums. Forum participants are not asked to reach a consensus or issue recommendations.
- Balanced Information Forums offer information from all major perspectives on a given issue. Presentations are given by a representative cross section of subject experts and professional colleagues. Background information prepared by the convener, such as briefing papers, is balanced and non-partisan.
Criteria for Selecting Safe Table Forum Topics
- Timely A topic currently on stakeholders' agendas or on the visible horizon. A topic on a longer horizon, and hence not necessarily timely, is still appropriate if it meets the other criteria.
- High Priority, Critical A topic that is key, pressing, not just a topic that is interesting.
- Challenging A topic that isn't easily resolved and is debatable across stakeholders.
Recent Safe Table ForumsSafe Table Forum 18: June 12-13, 2013 • Moving from ADN to BSN, What Works for Washington RNs? Read more>>
Safe Table Forum 17: December 13, 2012 • A New Era for Washington Family Planning Services, What Will the ACA Bring? Read more>>
Safe Table Forum 16: August 23, 2012 • Health Care Access for Adult Immigrants in Washington State, The Implications and Potential of Health System Reform. Read more>>