The mission of the Recruitment and Outreach Program is to identify and recruit academically competitive underrepresented students who will apply and, if admitted, choose to enroll at the UW.
About the H.A.R.T.
The Husky Alumni Recruitment Team (H.A.R.T.) plays a vital role in providing enhanced personal outreach to prospective middle school, high school, and community college students from underrepresented minority (URM) populations, which include African American, Latina/o, Pacific Islander, Native American, and first generation students.
The Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity (OMA&D) Recruitment & Outreach unit continuously seeks to support the diversity goals of our institution while providing a service to the community at large. By carefully training our UW alumni volunteers, we are able to expand the reach of the UW at college fairs, community events, school visits, and other venues where college going information can be disseminated.
Meet the Husky Alumni Recruitment Team! HART
Goals of the Husky Alumni Recruitment Team
- To increase the visibility of the University of Washington
- To provide local and accessible information for underrepresented prospective students and their families
- To help increase the enrollment of resident underrepresented students
- Become a role model and mentor to students and families in your community
- Opportunity to network with your community and UW faculty/staff
- Stay connected to OMA&D and the University of Washington
If you are interested in volunteering as an alumni recruiter, please fill out the HART Volunteer Application
If you would like more information, please contact:
Carlos D. González
Assistant Director, Precollege Programs
Multicultural Outreach & Recruitment
Husky Alumni Recruitment Team (H.A.R.T.)
Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity