Multicultural Outreach & Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in visiting the University of Washington! We look forward to hosting you on campus. The Group Tours offered by the Multicultural Outreach & Recruitment (MOR) office provide a great introduction to the University of Washington and the collection of services offered by the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity.
Group tours consists of a 60 minute campus tour and a 30 minute admissions presentation. Your guide will be a current MOR student ambassador.
Who are these for?
MOR Group Tours are only offered to Washington State high schools and community college students. We work closely with schools and community based partners who serve students from low income, first generation, and historically underrepresented backgrounds. Given the high volume of tours requested, priority consideration will be given to groups consisting of high school juniors and seniors or transfer students.
MOR Group Tours are offered to:
- Washington state high school students (in-state residents)
- Washington state community college students from low-income and historically underrepresented populations
- Community based organization serving low-income, first-generation and historically underrepresented populations
- Groups of 50 or less
What’s included in a Group Tour?
A 1-hour campus tour covers :
- OMAD Instructional Center (tutoring center)
- OMAD Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center (student cultural center)
- Drumheller Fountain
- Mary Gates Hall (EOP Advising)
- The Block & Ear (diversity monument)
- Red Square
- Suzzallo Library
- The Liberal Art Quadrangle (the Quad)
- Husky Union Building (HUB)
A 30 minute admissions presentation
- Conducted by a MOR student ambassador and an admissions counselor
When are group tours offered?
Group tours are offered throughout the regular UW academic year. We do not offer group tours during academic breaks, weekends and evenings. Group tours are offered during the following days of the week during these set times:
Tuesday 10:00am 1:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am 1:00pm
Thursday 10:00am 1:00pm
Please note: We require at least two (2) weeks advance notice to coordinate a group visit. We will be in contact with you to coordinate your visit within five (5) business days of your initial request.. If this does not happen, or you have any follow up questions , please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage groups with significant proportions of African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native, Southeast Asian, or Pacific Islander students to seek our assistance in planning a tour. As part of our commitment to serving underrepresented communities of color, we will make every effort to ensure that your group gains exposure to a wide variety of resources the UW has to offer.