This month’s edition of Highlights, the newsletter published by the Office of Information Management (OIM), recaps a number of important projects going on in that office. Many of these projects span multiple departments, including the Office of the University Registrar, UW Technology, UW Marketing, and others.
You can read the newsletter at OIM’s site, and then refer to the following list of posts on this blog that cover many of the projects in more detail. Each post is grouped by the section of Highlights in which the project is mentioned.
Information for Decision Making
- “The University Student Database (UWSDB) is now securely and widely available” – Access to student data now faster and more secure
- “A new blog for resource oriented architecture keeps developers informed” – Another web services milestone
Replace the Base
- “Kuali Student continues” – Keep up with Kuali
Enhance and Renew Systems
- “Photo class lists now available on MyUW” – Photo Class List service appears on front page of The Daily and Smile, You’re on Photo Class List
- “Administrators can now see student academic records on the Web” – Administrative staff can now be all EARS
- “Web Grade Submission launch exceeds usage expectations” – Web GradeBook taking off