July 30, 2009

Easier money: automating the UW Bookstore customer rebate

By admin

no-receiptsThe UW Bookstore’s popular annual feature, the customer rebate, just got easier to collect. Keeping receipts in an envelope all year is a thing of the past; now it’s as simple as swiping your UW ID card when you make a purchase.

It’s a win-win situation for the Bookstore and its customers. The Bookstore no longer has to collect, sort, and total customer receipts at the end of each fiscal year (June 30). Nor does it have to verify each student’s enrollment status. These tasks, being paper-based, required much time and effort. Customers benefit from no longer having to keep track of their receipts all year or submit them in person to the Bookstore.

The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) played a role in this process improvement, which launched at the beginning of July. The Bookstore had approached the OUR with an idea to automate the verification of a students’ enrollment status. Soon afterward, the OUR had developed, tested, and deployed a process that enabled the change. It’s always a pleasure to see this sort of collaboration between University groups result in significant improvement for all stakeholders.

More information on the UW Bookstore’s customer rebate.

One Response to “Easier money: automating the UW Bookstore customer rebate”

1. William Kang says:

Hello, I just had a quick question about the UBookstore rebate that you guys send in the mail.
    I currently have not received my rebate and I was wondering when I would get mine or if there was a way if I could find out where my rebate is?
    Thank You.