Jie An, Ph.D.
Acting Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of Rheumatology
750 Republican Street
SLU E531, Box 358060
Seattle, WA 98109
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Acting Instructor, University of Washington
- Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institute on Aging/NIH
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University
- Ph.D, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology/CAS
- B.S, Department of Biochemistry, Shandong University
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
My background is in proteomics/biochemistry and, more recently, in regulation of T cells in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. My current research project is focused on ACP5 gene mutations that lead to inactivation of tartrate resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) and the disease called spondyloenchondrodysplasia (SPENCD). Previous studies highlighted SPENCD as a rare Mendelian cause of human lupus and have revealed a unrecognized link between TRAP, Osteopontin (OPN) and type I interferon (IFN-α) metabolism in autoimmune disease. My research aim is to elucidate the detailed cellular pathways linking these molecules, and to understand how a loss of TRAP activity leads to human systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
REPRESENTATIVE PRESENTATIONS AND RESEARCH
- An J, Woodward JJ, Sasaki T, Minie M, Elkon KB.Cutting Edge: Antimalarial Drugs Inhibit IFN-β Production through Blockade of Cyclic GMP-AMP Synthase-DNA Interaction. J Immunol. 194:4089-93, 2015. PMID: 25821216
- An J, Woodward J, Sasaki T, Minie M, Elkon KE. Anti-malarial drugs inhibit interferon beta production through blockade of cGAS-DNA interaction. Journal of Immunology, Cutting Edge. 2015, 194 (9), 4089-4093
- An J, Golech S, Klaewsongkram J, Zhang Y, Subedi K, Huston G, Wood III WH, Wersto RP, Becker K, Swain SL, and Weng N. Kruppel-like factor 4 (KLF4) directly regulates proliferation in thymocyte development and IL-17 expression during Th17 differentiation. The FASEB Journal, 2011, doi: 10.1096/fj.11-186924.
- Yang Y, An J, Weng N, Telomerase is involved in IL-7-mediated differential survival of naive and memory CD4+ T cells. Journal of Immunology. 2008: 180(6):3775-81
- An J, Yuan Q, Wang C, Liu L, Tang K, Tian H, Jing N, Zhao F, (2005) Differential display of proteins involved in the neural differentiation of mouse embryonic carcinoma P19 cells by comparative proteomic analysis. Proteomics 2005; 5(6):1656-68.
- Yuan Q, An J, Liu D, Sun L, Ge Y, Huang Y, Xu G and Zhao F. Proteomic analysis of differential protein expression in a human hepatoma revertant cell line by using an improved 2-DE procedure combined with MALDI-TOF- MS. Electrophoresis 2004; 25: 1160–1168.
- An J, Sun J, Yuan Q, Tian H, Qiu W, Guo W and Zhao F, Proteomics analysis of differentially expressed metastasis-associated proteins in Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma cell lines of human salivary gland. Oral Oncology. 2004; 40(4), 400-408.
- Yuan Q, An J, Liu D, Zhao F. Multi-strips on one gel method to improve the reproducibility, resolution power and high-throughput of two-dimensional electrophoresis. Acta Biochim Biophys Sinica 2003; 35(7):611–8.
Division Publications | Clinical Faculty
Go to top