Jie An, Ph.D.
Acting Instructor of Medicine
Division of Rheumatology
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195-6428
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institute on Aging/NIH
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University
- Ph.D, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology/CAS
- B.S, Department of Biochemistry, Shandong University
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
My background is in proteomics/biochemistry and, more recently, in regulation of T cells in inflammatory diseases. My current project is focused on ACP5 gene mutations that lead to inactivation of tartrate resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) and the disease called spondyloenchondrodysplasia (SPENCD). Previous studies highlighted SPENCD as a rare Mendelian cause of human lupus and have revealed a unrecognised link between TRAP, Osteopontin (OPN) and type I interferon (IFN-α) metabolism in autoimmune disease. My research aim is to elucidate the detailed cellular pathways linking these molecules, and how a loss of TRAP activity leads to human systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
REPRESENTATIVE PRESENTATIONS AND RESEARCH
- An J, Golech S, Klaewsongkram J, Zhang Y, Subedi K, Huston G, Wood III WH, Wersto RP, Becker K, Swain SL, and Weng N. Kruppel-like factor 4 (KLF4) directly regulates proliferation in thymocyte development and IL-17 expression during Th17 differentiation. The FASEB Journal, 2011, doi: 10.1096/fj.11-186924.
- Yang Y, An J, Weng N, Telomerase is involved in IL-7-mediated differential survival of naive and memory CD4+ T cells. Journal of Immunology. 2008: 180(6):3775-81.
- An J, Yuan Q, Wang C, Liu L, Tang K, Tian H, Jing N, Zhao F, (2005) Differential display of proteins involved in the neural differentiation of mouse embryonic carcinoma P19 cells by comparative proteomic analysis. Proteomics 2005; 5(6):1656-68.
- Yuan Q, An J, Liu D, Sun L, Ge Y, Huang Y, Xu G and Zhao F. Proteomic analysis of differential protein expression in a human hepatoma revertant cell line by using an improved 2-DE procedure combined with MALDI-TOF- MS. Electrophoresis 2004; 25: 1160–1168.
- An J, Sun J, Yuan Q, Tian H, Qiu W, Guo W and Zhao F, Proteomics analysis of differentially expressed metastasis-associated proteins in Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma cell lines of human salivary gland. Oral Oncology. 2004; 40(4), 400-408.
- Yuan Q, An J, Liu D, Zhao F. Multi-strips on one gel method to improve the reproducibility, resolution power and high-throughput of two-dimensional electrophoresis. Acta Biochim Biophys Sinica 2003; 35(7):611–8.
Division Publications | Clinical Faculty
Go to top