Gregory C. Gardner, M.D., FACP
The Bruce C. Gilliland, M.D.-Lucile T. Henderson
Endowed Professor in Rheumatology
Adjunct Professor of Orthopaedics and Sports
Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine
Associate Fellowship Program Director
Division of Rheumatology
1959 NE Pacific St, Box 356428
Seattle, WA 98195
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1984
- Internship in Internal Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 1984-85
- Residency in Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 1985-87
- Fellowship in Rheumatology, University of California, San Diego, CA, 1987-89
- Teaching Scholar Fellowship, Department of Medical Education, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1996-97
CURRENT EDUCATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rheumatology fellowship program director
- Director, musculoskeletal rotation for primary care bound internal medicine residents
- Director of rheumatology week mini fellowship for rural WWAMI physicians
- Member of the American College of Rheumatology REF Study Section
- Member of the American College of Physicians MKSAP 17 Rheumatology Committee
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Medical Education: Dr. Gardner is currently involved in education research focusing on training primary care resident to do musculoskeletal procedures. He has several recent publications including an editorial in the Journal of Rheumatology on this topic. He has been invited to speak at several national meeting on this subject of teaching arthrocentesis and injection techniques including the American College of Rheumatology 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 national meetings.
- Outreach to the Neah Bay Makah Tribal Health Clinic.
- Bays AM, Gardner G. Pharmacologic Therapies for Rheumatologic & Autoimmune Conditions. Med Clin North Am. 2016 Jul: 100(4):719-31. doi:10.1016/j.mcna.2016.03.001. Review.
- Ghosh P, Cho M, Rawat G, Simkin PA, Gardner GC. Treatment of acute gouty arthritis in complex hospitalized patients with anakinra. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2013 Aug;65(8):1381-4. doi: 10.1002/acr.21989. PubMed PMID: 23650178.
- Kedar E, Gardner GC. Lipid-associated rheumatologic syndromes. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2013 May;39(2):481-93. doi: 10.1016/j.rdc.2013.02.014. Epub 2013 Mar PubMed PMID: 23597975.
- Gardner GC: Perioperative Medication Management. In: Perioperative Management of the Patient with Rheumatic Disease. Mandell BF Ed. Springer 2012
- Bakewell CJ, Gardner GC. A survey of arthrocentesis and soft-tissue injection procedures performed in primary care practice: effect of resident training and using data to shape curriculum. J Rheumatol. 2011 Sep;38(9):1986-9.
- Simkin PA, Gardner GC: Musculoskeletal System and Joint Physiology. In: Rheumatology. Hochberg M et al Ed, 4th Edition, London, Elsevier, 2008.
- Gardner GC: Teaching Arthrocentesis and Injection Techniques: What Is the Best Way to Get Our Point Across? J Rheumatol 2007;34:1448-1450.
- Ta K, Gardner GC. Evaluation of the activity of an academic rheumatology consult service over 10 years: using data to shape curriculum. J Rheumatol. 2007;34:563-6.
- Howe CR, Gardner GC, Kadel NJ. Perioperative medication management for the patient with rheumatoid arthritis. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2006;14:544-51.
- Lynch JR, Gardner GC, Parsons RR, MD. Musculoskeletal workload versus musculoskeletal clinical confidence among primary care physicians in rural practice. Am J Orthopedics 2005;34:487-492.
- Gardner, GC: Treatment of inflammatory arthritis in the age of the biologics. Clinical Applied Immunology Reviews 2005; 5:19-44.
Division Publications | Clinical Faculty
Go to top