Community Description of Brewster
Answers to questionnaire on community:
- Small hills
- Columbia River
- Rich soil
- Fish and game land
- Okanagan river
- near Methow River and rat Lake (5-10 minute drive)
- 2 parks
What is your community's population/size?
2-3,000 people, harvest time 4-5,000
What is your community's history? Any legends?
- Brewster house has old pictures
- Used to be water tower and a few houses
- Okanagan museum
- There are a lot of people there who know the history
- There is a bridge between Bridgeport and Brewster
- They used to have a great high school band, choir, basketball team
What does your community value? How do you know?
- Sports ahead of academics (some like it, some don't)
- Apples (orchards); it supports the town -- most people work in the
orchard business --
everybody's in it together