Congratulations to Sackler Scholars Faculty members Fred Rieke and Adrienne Fairhall on their election to the Washington State Academy of Sciences. Eighteen new members of WSAS were elected this year, 10 from the UW. The WSAS was established in 2005 by Governor Christine Gregoire to provide expert scientific and engineering analysis to inform public policy making in Washington and to increase the role and visibility of science in the state. Members of the Washington State Academy of Sciences come from academic research, government, and industry, and represent a broad range of scientific, technical, and engineering fields.
Recent News & Events
- Science in Medicine presents Fred Rieke, Jan 14th January 6, 2016
- Symposium honoring Eb Fetz September 4, 2014
- Workshop is first mind-meld of UW, Allen Brain Institute July 30, 2014
- Hacking the Brain to Reveal, Repair, & Rebuild July 25, 2014
- Fred Rieke and Adrienne Fairhall elected to Washington State Academy of Sciences July 18, 2014