Congratulations to Sackler Scholars Faculty members Fred Rieke and Adrienne Fairhall on their election to the Washington State Academy of Sciences. Eighteen new members of WSAS were elected this year, 10 from the UW. The WSAS was established in 2005 by Governor Christine Gregoire to provide expert scientific and engineering analysis to inform public policy making in Washington and to increase the role and visibility of science in the state. Members of the Washington State Academy of Sciences come from academic research, government, and industry, and represent a broad range of scientific, technical, and engineering fields.
Recent News & Events
- Direct measurement of conformational strain energy in protofilaments curling outward from disassembling microtubule tips July 19, 2017
- Dr. Raymond Sackler 1920-2017 July 19, 2017
- Direct measurement of the strength of microtubule attachment to yeast centrosomes March 22, 2017
- New Sackler Scholars announced March 1, 2017
- Zach James to present in the UW Postdoc Seminar Series September 29, 2016