UUF Approval for RSOs/ASUW/GPSS Events
The Use of University Facilities Committee (UUFC) must review and approve all RSO/ASUW/GPSS events:
- Which are open to or include the general public.
- Which are outdoors and request amplification or have potential to conflict with routine activities on campus (such as organized group runs or bike races).
- Regarding ballot proposition and/or candidates who have filed for public office.
- For private or commercial purposes such as sales, advertising or promotional activities.
SAO Sponsorship Guidelines
Under certain circumstances, RSOs/ASUW/GPSS may receive UUF sponsorship from the SAO for activities and events that are advertised and open to the general public and meet other UUF criteria. Sponsorships will be considered by SAO in accordance with the following guidelines:
- RSOs and student governments must solely be responsible for the proposed activities.
- There must be a demonstrated student interest in and support for each proposed activities. Support by students may be measured by the commitment of their financial resources, their participation in its planning and production, the degree to which on-campus advertising is emphasized, and the sale of tickets to students in advance of any sale to others.
- Additional consideration may be given to the past record of a group who has conducted similar events, including the number of ticket sales to students.
- Public attendance at events and the revenues derived there from are to be incidental to their conduct and funding, and must not be regarded as offsetting or obscuring the absence of support by University students.
- Proposed activities must be planned with the assistance of an adviser in the Student Activities Office and comply with all relevant state and University policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those of health, safety, risk management, security and financial considerations. The collection and disbursement of revenues must adhere to state and University control procedures.
- Consistent with established rental and other fee schedules, the University must be reimbursed fully for the cost of its participation in each event.
UUF Approval Process for RSOs/ASUW/GPSS
- Student: Meet with assigned SAO Adviser to review event and UUF requirements, prepare appropriate materials for the UUF committee
- Student: Secure facility reservation/confirmation
- Student: Complete the online Request for UUF Approval form – 3 weeks prior to the event.
- IMPORTANT! If SAO is sponsoring the UUF event, provide the following:
Sponsoring Unit: Student Activities Office
Authorized Representative for Sponsoring Unit: Rene Singleton
Email of University Sponsor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsor: Processes Sponsor approval in the UUF system
- Venue Operator: Processes Venue approval in the UUF system
- UUF Committee/Chair: Processes final UUF approval
- Student: Receives UUF approval, denial or modification status
Student group representatives should be prepared to present at the appropriate UUFC meeting to describe the event and respond to questions and note any conditions for approval, if necessary.
- Office of Special Programs
- Special Programs: UUF Information
- Special Programs: Online UUF Form
- Special Programs: UUF Policies