- Stephanie Atwood has decided to join the lab in summer 2019 as a new grad student, and she won an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Jen Rubin has been awarded an NIH Diversity Supplement that will fund her two-year postdoc
- Elizabeth Enright received a postdoc offer and will be headed to the University of Illinois this fall
- Kayla Lewis will be headed to UW-Milwaukee this fall for a program in counseling psych
- Jessica Glazier, Selin Gulgoz, and Elizabeth Enright presented their work at SRCD
- Elizabeth Enright wins the Earl (Buz) & Mary Lois Hunt Endowed Fellowship
- Lab members Jessica Glazier, Eric Gomez, and Daniel Alonso present work from the lab at the annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in Portland.
- Former lab grad student, James Rae, leads paper accepted at psychological science about gender nonconformity in childhood. Other lab co-authors include Selin Gulgoz, Lily Durwood, Madeleine Demeules, Riley Lowe, and Kristina Olson. read a summary from Ed Yong at https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/01/young-trans-children-know-who-they-are/580366/
- Former postdoc, Allison Skinner, accepts job to be an assistant professor at the University of Georgia
- Lab affiliate, Jin Goh, receives and accepts offer to be an assistant professor at Colby College.
- Daniel Alonso was awarded an SPSP Diversity Undergraduate Registration Award for the 2019 SPSP Convention
- Kristina wins the MacArthur Foundation award.
- The lab welcomes new graduate student, Bryn Bandt-Law.
- Graduate student Annie Fast successfully defends her dissertation and moves to Bellingham for her new faculty position at Western Washington University.
- Current postdoc, Selin Gulgoz, current student, Eric Gomez, and former lab manager, Maddy DeMeules' paper on attitudes toward trans kids was accepted at the Journal of Cognition and Development
- Former postdoc, Sara Haga's, paper on the bias blindspot in children was accepted at Social Cognition.
- Graduate student Arianne Eason successfully defends her dissertation and heads off to her postdoc at Washington University in St Louis, deferring her faculty position at UC-Berkeley until 2019.
- Honors student, Sanjana Ravi wins the Guthrie Prize for best undergraduate empirical research. She and fellow honors student, Bella Lee, graduate.
- The lab welcomes new lab manager, Kayla Lewis.
- Kristina wins the National Science Foundation's Alan T. Waterman Award.
- Graduate student Lily Durwood wins the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- Bryn Bandt-Law wins the NSF graduate fellowship.
- Undergraduate honors student, Sanjana Ravi, wins the APS Travel Award and the UW Undergraduate Research Conference Travel Award!
- Undergrad independent project student, Deja Edwards, wins the Mary Gates Research Fellowship to support her research.
- Grad student, Anne Fast, receives and accepts assistant professor position at Western Washington University to begin in Fall 2018.
- The lab receives a grant from the Arcus Foundation.
- Undergraduate thesis student, Sanjana Ravi, and lab manager, Riley Lowe, had posters accepted for APS 2018.
- Daniel joins the lab as a project coordinator.
- Graduate Student, Jessica Glazier, joins as a new grad student.
- Selin's paper reviewing our findings from TYP is accepted at Child Development Perspectives.
- Lab receives a grant from the National Institutes of Health.
- PI, Kristina Olson, publishes piece in Scientific American.
- Graduate student, Elizabeth Ake, passed her general exam.
- Former postdoc Sara Haga's paper on belief revision accepted at Developmental Psychology.
- Graduate student James Rae's paper on implicit social cognition in children accepted at Developmental Psychology.
- Graduate student, Annie Fast's paper on intellectual property accepted at Plos One.
- Selin Gulgoz wins a postdoctoral fellowship from the National Science Foundation.
- Graduate student Elizabeth Ake's paper on gender stereotyping in transgender children accepted at Developmental Science.
- Lab receives grant from Satterberg Foundation.
- Lab receives replicability grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Kristina becomes Associate Chair of Psychology for Graduate Studies.
- Graduate student Annie Fast receives Department Distinguished Teaching Award and University Dissertation Fellowship.
- Graduate students Annie and Ari both receive the Department Distinguished Service Award.
- Gabriella completes her honors thesis.
- James successfully defended his dissertation! Congrats Dr. Rae!
- Allison won a postdoc travel award to attend SPSP.
- Riley joined the team as a Research Study Coordinator.
- Undergrad thesis student, Bella Lee, won a Mary Gates Research Fellowship.
- Lily's work on mental health in transgender children accepted in JAACAP.
- Allison's work on the origins of social bias was accepted in Psychological Science.
- Annie's paper on transgender preschoolers was accepted in Child Development.
- Selin began her postdoc at the SCD Lab.
- Lily joined the lab as a graduate student.
- Annie passed her general exam.