The Pediatric Pulmonary Center at the University of Washington offers traineeships to graduate level individuals who have the potential for leadership. Each potential trainee will be asked to meet with PPC faculty as part of the selection process.
Three year traineeship
300+ trainee hours available for nursing, nutrition, respiratory care and social work fields.
Medium and Short Term Traineeships
150+ trainee hours available for nursing, nutrition, respiratory care and social work fields.
Following is a list of the competencies trainees will develop during their training with the PPC. Trainees will have repeated exposure to each of these competencies through clinical training, the core curriculum, and the individual assignments developed with their faculty mentor.
- Demonstrate clinical excellence.
- Apply interdisciplinary team skills.
- Participate in the advocacy and legislative processes.
- Apply principles of family-centered care to practice.
- Use information resources and technology.
- Demonstrate understanding of research principles and their application to practice.
- Apply principles of culturally competent care to practice.
- Incorporate the public health principles of health promotion/disease prevention into professional activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of public and private systems of care.
- Demonstrate administrative, management, and strategic planning skills.
- Establish and maintain community-based linkages.
- Demonstrate effective education and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Demonstrate professional development.