Coming up on Tuesday, February 25, the SEFS Alumni Group will be holding a meeting from noon to 1 p.m. in Anderson 22. The main topic of the meeting will be planning for the annual Spring Gathering on April 27, but other agenda items include leadership transitions, the revamped alumni newsletter, Roots (which will go out this Thursday), the Distinguished Alumni Seminar, student mentorship opportunities, and other ongoing projects. If you have updates you would like to share, or if you’d like to attend or call in from the field, email Alumni Group Chair Jessica Farmer!
The invitation to participate goes well beyond this meeting, too. The most successful alumni group, says Farmer, will include representatives of many ages and interest areas, and they’re looking for new members to join in planning social events, developing mentoring opportunities, and providing feedback and support to the school.
Ideally, alumni group members must be willing to commit to the following requirements:
• Attend the Annual Board meeting and two additional semi-annual meetings;
• Attend the Annual Spring Gathering;
• Invite 10-plus people to attend the Annual Spring Gathering, or serve on the planning committee or help underwrite the event ($200+);
• Maintain your UW Alumni Association membership;
• Make an annual contribution to SEFS (100% participation, no minimum);
• Commit to a 2-year term;
• Enhance the reputation of the School of Environmental and Forest Sciences, the College of the Environment, and the University of Washington.
If you’d like to be an active member of the Alumni Group, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we hope to connect with you soon!
Photo © SEFS.