Looking to get some quality hands-on experience in the field this summer? Then check out this paid summer internship opportunity with Hancock Forest Management. The closing date for applications is March 29, so act quickly if you’re interested.
Position Available: Summer hire on property managed by Hancock Forest Management, a subsidiary of Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG).
Description: Harvest unit layout, road layout, forest road maintenance, silviculture and other duties as assigned.
Period of Employment: 8 to 12 weeks, depending on student’s school schedule; 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (variable).
Salary: $15/hour. Transportation to remote job sites provided. Employment will be contracted through a consulting forester (Full Scale Forestry).
Office Location: Kapowsin, Wash. Work will be on the Snoqualmie, White River and Kapowsin properties.
Prerequisites – Candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled in a two- or four-year college program with an emphasis in natural resources, engineering or a closely related field.
- Be committed to safety.
- Have a good work ethic.
- Have a valid driver’s license, personal vehicle insurance and a good driving record.
- Come equipped with caulked boots and rain gear.
- Be willing to spend all day in the outdoors.
- Be capable of hiking up and down steep, uneven forested terrain, and be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Have transportation to and from the office in Kapowsin or other carpool pick-up location in town.
- Some knowledge of GPS systems, compasses, ArcView and maps is preferred.
- Be able to provide three (3) references upon request.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript to:
Attn: Sean Greif
Hancock Forest Management
31716 Camp 1 Road
Orting, WA 98360
Photo © Hancock Forest Management.