UW financial aid
For UW’s comprehensive financial aid programs, visit the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Academic scholarships
- Work opportunities
- Full-time summer work study
- Loans * NOTE: Be mindful to meet all deadlines for the FAFSA and other scholarship applications. Timeliness is critical.
SEFS (School of Environmental and Forest Resources) has a strong scholarship program made available by the generous donations of alumni and friends. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and need, and the SEFS Scholarship Application Form is available online. The application deadline is April 15 for the following academic year, and the program is open to incoming as well as current ESRM undergraduates and SEFS graduate students. BSE students should apply directly to WPPF. Awards are made for up to $12,000 per year. Other sources of financial aid within SEFS are listed here.
The Washington pulp and paper foundation awards scholarships to several deserving BSE students each each year according to the criteria below. Link to brochure.
- Vary according to academic performance, year in the program, and Foundation resources.
- $12,000 incentive scholarships are awarded to select incoming BSE students (freshman and community college junior transfers) by the School of Environmental and Forest Sciences (SEFS). These scholarships transition to WPPF scholarships for subsequent years depending on academic performance.
- Scholarship amounts may be periodically adjusted to recognize tuition changes and available financial resources.
- ANNUAL WPPF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD LEVELS
BASIC HONORS PREMIUM GPA 3.0 – 3.29 GPA 3.3 – 3.49 GPA 3.5 – 4.0 Freshman* $3000 $3000 $3000 Sophomore $3000 $3500 $4000 Junior* $3000 $4000 $5000 Senior $3000 $4000 $5000 ChemE $3000 $4000 $5000 TOTAL with ChemE $15,000 $18,500 $22,000 * An additional ~$9000 may be awarded by SEFS to selected incoming students (freshmen and community college junior transfer students).
- Amounts above apply to the 2015-16 and 2016-17 academic years.
- UW tuition plus fees were ~$11,900 for the 2015-16 academic year (resident students). 2016-17 tuition rate info will be available after autumn 2015.
- Scholarship awards for transfer students reflect the student’s year in the BSE curriculum.
- Request an application via email: email@example.com
- Apply for financial aid through UW if applicable. Some WPPF scholarships are need-based.
- Bioresource Science & Engineering (BSE) or BSE-ChemE major
- US citizen or permanent resident
Renewable term-to-term until graduation (12 terms for freshmen earning BSE degree; 6 terms for transfer students; 15 terms for BSE-ChemE degree)
- Maintain 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA at the UW.
- Stay on the BSE or BSE-ChemE academic curricula.
- Adequate WPPF resources are available.