Internships and co-ops
- Intern and co-op positions provide practical experience, bring relevancy to classroom learning and often lead to careers.
- In order to graduate, BSE students are required to have a minimum of one internship (with minimum duration of 3 months).
- Many students have 6-12 months of intern and co-op experiences.
- Compensation ranges from $2,500-$4,000 per month.
- Typical total earnings are $10,000-$20,000 while in college.
A number of work opportunities are available for BSE 499 credit during the school year and over the summer. BSE students regularly work in the BSE pilot plant and faculty laboratories. Students interested in working in a BSE lab should contact the faculty member with whom they are interested in to see if they have any positions available.
Typically 1 credit = 2 hours/week of work; you may register for up to 5 credits per quarter. Credits can be graded or ungraded.
After agreeing on a research project and number of credits, the student and faculty member need to fill out this form and bring it to student services to get an add code. Use the add code to register for BSE 499 – be sure to do this before the final add/drop deadline for the quarter.