ISCRM Flow Cytometry Core
General Facility Policies
- All scheduling needs to be done via the on-line Calendar. Please provide the requested information for each entry as outlined in the Scheduling Calendar Section.
- The user is billed for the time they book on the calendar or the actual time used, whichever is greater.
- The instrument time used and a valid budget number need to be entered into the SLU Flow Facility billing computer by the users after each use.
- The next scheduled user can request that the current user log off the instrument if they are running into their time. If a user knows that they need more time, communicating this to the staff and the next scheduled user will help to accommodate everyone.
- In the event that the user does not use all of their scheduled time, any subsequent user that uses the remaining time will be billed, not the person originally signed up (i.e. The facility will not double bill for time used on any given instrument).
- Users who show up late and run over their time will be charged from the beginning of their scheduled time till the time they finished.
- Moving time scheduled on any instrument the same day to an open spot is permitted, but please remove your name from the originally booked time so others can use it. This will also prevent charges for both time slots, failure to do this will result in charges for both slots.
- Cancellations prior to the cut off (24 hours from the time scheduled) will not be billed.
- Cancellations after the cut off (due to unforeseen difficulties preventing the user from setting up their experiment) will be charged for half of their scheduled time. It is the users responsibility to notify the facility staff is this occurs.
- No shows will be charged for the FULL amount of time booked.
- Sorter time is billed for the entire time booked which includes the time it takes to set up the sort. Specifying the type of sorting required (i.e. 96 well, 85u nozzle tip, sterile) will make the setup more efficient.
- Users will not be charged for time to remedy a malfunction on the instrument. This does not include issues that result from intrinsic sample properties (sticky or clumpy cells) or time spent configuring the instrument for an experiment that was not communicated prior to the start of the sort.
- Users will be charged for the time it takes to fix issues directly related to user’s negligence. Examples of this include leaving tubes running on the instrument or not properly shutting an instrument down.
- Users should plan to remain with their sort. If they are unable to do so for some reason, this should be communicated when booking the sort through the on-line calendar so that the facility staff can determine if they can be available to monitor the sort. In the user’s absence, please note that if the operator is needed by others in the facility, the sort may be put on hold temporarily to preserve its integrity in their absence.
- After hours analysis is permitted once the user has been trained and demonstrated they can perform the proper shutdown of the instruments by the facility staff.