B.S., 1967, M.A., 1970, and Ph.D., 1975, University of Pittsburgh
- Quantitative methods applied to resource management and environmental impact assessment
- Marine pollution management
- Ocean policy studies
- Management analyst, U.S. Coast Guard, 1991-92
- Research Associate Professor, School of Marine Affairs, 1983-87
- Appointed to the Graduate Faculty, University of Washington, 1984
- Scientific Visitor, Environmental and Societal Impacts Group, National Center for Atmospheric Research, 1983
- Policy Associate, Marine Policy Center, 1978-83
- Research Fellow in Marine Policy, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, 1976-78
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg (Associate Professor with tenure, 1976), 1970-76
Leschine, T.M. 2010. Human dimensions of nearshore restoration and shoreline armoring, with application to Puget Sound. In Shipman, H., Dethier, M.N., Gelfenbaum, G., Fresh, K.L., and Dinicola, R.S., eds., 2010, Puget Sound Shorelines and the Impacts of Armoring--Proceedings of a State of the Science Workshop, May 2009: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2010-5254, p. 103-113.
Ryu, J., T.M. Leschine, J. Nam, W.K. Chang, and K. Dyson. 2011. A resilience-based approach for comparing expert preferences across two large-scale coastal management programs. Journal of Environmental Management. 92(1): 92-101.
Leschine, T.M. (ed.). 2007. Long-Term Management of Contaminated Sites, Vol. 13 in Research in Social Problems and Public Policy, London, Elsevier JAI.
Leschine, T.M., B.T. Ferriss, K.P. Bell, K.K. Bartz, S. MacWilliams, M. Pico, and A.K. Bennett. 2003. Challenges and strategies for better use of scientific information n the management of coastal estuaries. Estuaries. 26(48): 1189-1204.
Burger, J., T.M. Leschine, M. Greenberg, J.R. Karr, M. Gochfield, and C.W. Powers. 2003. Shifting priorities at the Department of Energy's bomb factories: balancing protection of human and ecological health. Environmental Management. 31(2): 157-167.
- About Us