Student-Alumni Informational Discussions (SAID)
“I can’t say enough great things about the program. It is so nice to take a break from school and have a nice meal with an alum. It is really great to get their perspective and see what life is like after medical school.”
Through SAID, alumni host students in their homes (or at area restaurants or cafes) for conversations about how to make the most of the medical-school experience, what life is like after training — and anything else that’s on your mind. Join the hundreds of students who have received advice and insights from alumni!
In addition to the formal SAID events, we are always happy to connect you with alumni throughout the year. If you would like to speak with someone in a particular specialty or region, please contact the alumni office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about how to make the most of SAID, download the program guide.
About the Sessions
SAID sessions take place in Seattle, usually in October and November, and in Spokane in March and April.
SAID sessions are open to all students, but are particularly valuable for those in their first, second and third years.
The discussions are relaxed and informal. There will typically be two to six students in each group, though some events have more participants.
How to Register
- View the list of available sessions and register.
- After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with the event’s location, your host’s contact information and directions.
- Once you register, don’t forget to add the event to your calendar!
- If you would like to modify your registration or register for additional sessions, you may do so at any time by completing the registration process again.
- If your plans change and you are no longer able to attend the discussion, you must notify both your host and the Alumni Association at least 48 hours in advance.
And thanks for saying “thank you!” Remember that alumni are volunteering their time and buying you a meal. We suggest sending an email or card within a week of your visit to express your appreciation.