Student-Alumni Informational Discussions (SAID)
“I can’t say enough great things about the program. It is so nice to take a break from school and have a nice meal with an alum. It is really great to get their perspective and see what life is like after medical school.”
Through SAID, alumni host students in their homes (or at area restaurants or cafes) for conversations about how to make the most of their medical-school experience, what life is like after training — and anything else that’s on your mind. Join the hundreds of students who have received advice and insights from alumni!
In addition to the formal SAID events, we are always happy to connect you with alumni throughout the year. If you would like to speak with someone in a particular specialty or region, please contact the alumni office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about how to make the most of SAID, download the program guide.
About the Sessions
SAID sessions take place each fall, usually in October and November. They are open to all students, but are particularly valuable for those in their first, second and third years.
The discussions are relaxed and informal. There will typically be one to five other students in the group, though some events have more participants.
How to Register
- Review the list of sessions offered, and complete the registration form.
- If you’d like to attend an additional session, you will need to complete the registration process again.
- After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with the event’s location, your host’s contact information and directions.
- Once you register, don’t forget to add the event to your calendar!
- If your plans change and you are no longer able to attend the discussion, you must notify both your host and the Alumni Association at least 48 hours in advance.
And thanks for saying “thank you!” Remember that alumni are volunteering their time and buying you a meal. We suggest sending an email or card within a week of your visit to express your appreciation.