Student-Alumni Informational Discussions (SAID)
“I can’t say enough great things about the program. It is so nice to take a break from school and have a nice meal with an alumn. It is really great to get their perspective and see what life is like after medical school.”
Through SAID, alumni host students in their homes (or at area restaurants or cafes) for lively conversations about how to make the most of your medical-school experience, what to look for in residency programs, what life is like after training — and anything else that’s on your mind.
SAID is open to all students.
Join the hundreds of students who have received advice and insights from alumni!
For more information about how to make the most of SAID, download the program guide.
About the Sessions
SAID sessions take place twice a year, usually in November and February. They are open to all students, but are particularly valuable for those in their first, second and third years.
The discussions are relaxed and informal. There will typically be one to five other students in the group, though some events have more participants.
How to Register
- Registering for SAID is a two-step process.
- First, complete the information form.
- Once we have your basic information, you will receive an email inviting you to join a private online space called GroupSpaces. There, you’ll see a list of alumni hosts and meeting dates and you can sign up for the discussion of your choice.
- About a week before the discussion, we will send a confirmation email with the location of your event, your host’s contact information, directions and the names of other students participating in the discussion.
- Once you register, don’t forget to add the event to your calendar!
- If your plans change and you are no longer able to attend the discussion, you must notify both your host and the Alumni Association at least 48 hours in advance.
And thanks for saying “thank you!” Remember that alumni are volunteering their time and buying you a meal. We suggest sending an email or card within a week of your visit to express your appreciation.