Student-Alumni Informational Discussions (SAID)
“I can’t say enough great things about the program. It is so nice to take a break from school and have a nice meal with an alumnus. It is really great to get their perspective and see what life is like after medical school.”
Through SAID, alumni host students in their homes (or at area restaurants or cafes) for lively conversations about how to make the most of your medical-school experience, what to look for in residency programs, what life is like after training — and anything else that’s on your mind.
Join the hundreds of students who have received advice and insights from alumni!
About the Sessions
SAID sessions take place in November and February, and they are open to all students. During each session, you may participate in one discussion.
The discussions are relaxed and informal. There will typically be one to four other students in the group, though some events have more participants.
How It Works
- Registering for SAID is a two-step process.
- First, complete the information form.
- Once we have your basic information, we will invite you to join a private online space. There, you’ll see a list of alumni hosts and can sign up for the discussion of your choice.
- Shortly before the event, we will send a confirmation email with your host’s contact information, directions and the names of other students participating in the discussion.
- Once you register, don’t forget to add the event to your calendar!
NOTE TO PAST PARTICIPANTS. This year’s registration process is different. You will now be able to select the alumna/us you want to meet with and you will know the date, time, and location of the discussion when you sign up. Please read the information below.
And thanks for saying “thank you!” Remember that alumni are volunteering their time and buying you a meal. We suggest sending an email or card within a week of your visit.