The Resource Center provides this information as a collection of resources of particular interest to RSOs. The information includes both on- and off-campus resources in addition to what the Resource Center provides.
We encourage all RSO students to review the RSO Policy Guide in order to fully understand the policies that govern many of the efforts (fundraising, events, advocacy) that RSOs engage in. The Resource Center expects that all RSO officers and members comply with UW, HUB, and RC Policies.
Equipment at the Resource Center
- Computers: 13 PCs (with Windows 7)
- Software: Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher)
- Software: Adobe CS6 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks
Other Electronic Resources
- “Cricut” 12″ wide die cutting (letter and shape) machine
- Large format 24″ wide color printer (HP)
- Black & white laser printer
- Black & white digital copier
- Electric typewriter
- Large format (24″ wide) laminator
- Paper folding machine
- Wireless access for laptops (non-UW)
- Button maker (makes 2 1/4″ buttons)
- Cutting boards (both heavy and light duty)
- Desks and work areas
- Envelopes (standard and manilla), address labels
- Hole Punches (both heavy and light duty)
- Paints & brushes, marking pens
- Poster paper of assorted colors
- Staples (manual and electric), Tape, Glue
- Telephones (4 phone lines)
- Meeting space for groups
Resource Center Supplies
The Resource Center offers butcher paper (along with paints, brushes and marking pens). RSO staff will assist and account for the RSO taking Butcher Paper. Colors available: black, white, purple, gold, red, yellow, orange, pink, green, lt blue, dark blue, lt green.
Quantity Limits: 50ft. per week, per group. Butcher paper needs to be judiciously used so that the Resource Center can ensure that it remains continuously in stock for all groups to utilize.
The Resource Center has two button making machines and circle cutters to produce both 1″ and 2-1/4” buttons. Unfortunately, with over 600 student organizations on the UW campus, the Resource Center must limit what resources we offer to our RSOs. We offer each 2-1/4″ set of button parts (1 button back, 1 pin, and 1 plastic cover) for $0.08, and each 1″ button set for $0.06. This will be taken off of your RSO’s balloon/button limit for the year. In consideration of other RSOs, please limit your button usage to 1-60 buttons per day.
- ButtonMakers.net – located in Georgetown
- Design Templates
- 2.25-inch Button Supplies
- 2.25-inch Button Accessories
- 1-inch Button Supplies
- 1-inch Button Accessories
The Resource Center offers 11″ balloons and helium to RSOs. There is an annual limited use for balloons as there is for buttons. Balloons are available in a small variety of colors, and take $0.08 each out of your allowance for the year. A helium tank and hand air-pumps are available on-site to fill balloons. In consideration of other RSOs, please limit your balloon usage to 10-15 balloons per day.
Please Note: Helium charges will apply even if you bring your own balloons.
The Resource Center has a 24 inch wide laminator capable of laminating paper banners and other flat materials. We ask that you only laminate materials that you will re-use more than a few times. In other words, do not laminate signs with a date on them, or items that advertise one-time events. If you wish to laminate something of this nature, of if you want to laminate something larger than what our machine can handle, you may want to check out the following places (you will have to pay for lamination at most of these places–scroll down to the next section on Printing to view contact information on the copy centers, HUB info desk etc.)