Posters and Flyers
Posting Fliers in the Resource Center
There are various poster boards in the Resource Center for RSOs to use to promote their organization or events.
HUB Bulletin Boards
There are 10 public posting bulletin boards located throughout the HUB. All bulletin board postings must be approved and stamped by a HUB staffer at the HUB Main Desk before being posted. Check here for a complete list of HUB posting options, rules, and requirements.
Registered Student Organizations can post fliers in the residence halls, as long as they are dropped off at the front desk of each residence hall you wish to post fliers in. See below for a list of how many fliers are allowed per hall and each front desk phone number:
- Haggett Hall: 206-543-7164, 2 flyers
- Hansee and McCarty Halls: 206-543-5527, Drop off at McCarty front desk, 5 total flyers
- Lander Hall, Terry Hall, Mercer Hall and Stevens Court: 206-543-0235, 8 total flyers
- McMahon Hall: 206-543-7107, 2 flyers
To post fliers in Odegaard, simply visit the Circulation desk (front desk) on the first floor and ask one of the staffers to post them.
Kiosks on Campus
Kiosks on campus are available for general student use. There are three locations on the main campus:
- South side of Schmitz Hall
- Between Savery Hall and Raitt Hall
Posting Boards in Other Campus Buildings
Rules for posting/bulletin boards in other campus buildings vary considerable. You should always consult the academic department before posting in that department’s building. Usually there is some sort of front desk or departmental office to consult on most buildings on campus.
- Handing out fliers/leaflets/handbills: The university policy allows students to freely hand out non-commercial materials in public areas and in rooms reserved for that purpose, as long as it does not impede the University functioning or restrict freedom of movement. All materials must identify the student group sponsoring the materials. Students are prohibited from handing out materials inside buildings (this includes the HUB). For more information on this see: Handbill Policy for RSOs.
- Sandwich boards are available for day-use check-out from the Resource Center. We have already gone through the appropriate measures to get a sandwich board approved for use on the grounds by the Grounds Improvement Advisory Committee, so there is no need to apply for its use outside of making a reservation with us. Should you wish to use a sandwich board other than ours, you will have to go through an application process and make a $35 refundable deposit. For more information about this process, visit Sandwich Board Policy for RSOs.
- Chalking on campus is allowed on concrete and asphalt walkways, provided the chalk is water-soluble and non-aerosol. Chalk can’t be used on brick, stone, marble, verticle surfaces etc. Your RSO’s name should be included in all chalking. You can be fined for not following these rules, so see Chalking Policy for RSOs
The Resource Center has 6-foot and 4-foot tables and smaller card-tables available for RSOs to reserve. RSOs table between the HUB and Suzzallo library, 10′ x 10′ canopies are available for check out. In order to ensure campus safety during extreme weather conditions, Resource Center can make the decision to check out canopies for that time period.
RSO’s are limited to reserving tabling materials no more than 3 weeks prior to their events.
Kane Hall Outdoor Banner Space
RSOs may display banners that promote campus programs and events in the designated area on the exterior Kane Hall. RSOs may request banner space during fall, winter and spring quarter through the Student Activities Office.
Students should read the Kane Banner Policy for details about outdoor banner requirements.
The Resource Center offers materials for RSOs to make temporary outdoor banners from the Resource Center. The waterproof material, with side grommets, is sized is 3′ x 12′ and the design (i.e., lettering, etc.) is done with colored duct tape that we provide. All of these supplies are free. You don’t need to reserve these supplies; they are available during our staff hours. You should note that our banner material is essentially a grey tarp; if you want something more visually appealing, you may want to purchase a printed vinyl banner.
HUB Indoor Banner Space
The HUB has 4 banner spaces for RSOs to advertise on-campus events using paper banners. The HUB banner spaces are visible in the HUB Street from the first, second and third floors. Reservations may be made at the HUB Information Desk. Check here for a complete list of HUB posting options, rules, and requirements.
Campus Newspaper & Radio Station
- Free on-air advertising for campus groups
- Music, giveaways for your event
- Co-sponsor events to increase attendance
- News spots as well