The Division of Spanish and Portuguese Studies offers seven departmental
study abroad opportunities:
BEFORE YOU GO...
- A semester or year in Cádiz, Spain for advanced students
- Early Fall Start in Quito, Ecuador for students of all levels
- Fall Quarter in Cusco, Peru for students for students at the intermediate level
- Fall Quarter in León, Spain for students at the advanced level
- Winter Quarter in Quito, Ecuador for students at the high intermediate/advanced level
- Spring Quarter in León, Spain for students at the high beginning level
- Spring Quarter in León, Spain for advanced students interested in children's literature
If you are not studying abroad on one of these six programs, please
see an Adviser preferably a month in advance. You should see Holly Winters (firstname.lastname@example.org) for
beginning and intermediate (100/200) level programs, and Suzanna Martínez (email@example.com)
if you will be pursuing coursework at the 300-level or above. Please also note that credit is granted for work done at a foreign university
or through another US university or college only. Credit is not granted
for work done at language schools/institutes.
WHEN YOU RETURN...
If you were concurrently enrolled at the UW while abroad, you will
need to meet with an IPE Adviser (Schmitz Hall 459) before your
credits can be processed by the Spanish Department. Once you have a Credit Evaluation Form, set up a meeting with a
Spanish Adviser to have your credits evaluated. You should see Holly Winters (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you studied at the
beginning and/or intermediate (100/200) levels, and Suzanna Martínez (email@example.com)
if you studied at the 300-level or above.
If you are unable
to see a Spanish Adviser, you may drop the Credit Evaluation Form and transcripts
from abroad in Holly or Suzanna's inbox in the Spanish and Portuguese
Main Office, Padelford Hall C-104. They will process the credits and
send an email when materials are ready for pick-up.
Study Abroad Overview
UW IPE Office
Programs during the Academic Year:
Cádiz, Spain - Fall
Cádiz, Spain - Win/ Spr
León, Spain- Fall
León, Spain- Spring
León, Spain- Spring: Children's Literature