In order to achieve consistent branding and information, the Dean’s Office recommends using the standard signature template and guidelines below.
Your email signature must contain:
- Your Name (with degrees if necessary)
- Your Title
- University of Washington School of Public Health
- Basic contact information:
Box ###### Seattle, WA 98195-7230
(Box Number line is sufficient for a mailing address. Street Address is not required.)
- SPH logo last line
If necessary to your job function, you may include the following, but please keep simplicity and legibility in mind:
- Office location
- Office hours
- Fax number, cell number
- Program or unit designation
Things NOT to include:
- Extra images
- Text glyphs (pictures made out of characters)
- Deviations from color and font specifications
- Advertisements for events, etc.
- Disclaimers or privacy statements
SPH Email Template
Director of Communications
University of Washington School of Public Health
Box 357230, Seattle WA 98195-7230
Font is Calibri. Name is bold, size 11pt. Rest of text is size 9 pt.
Contact info lines are dark grey #595959; rgb: 89,89,89 (may vary depending on your email/browser).
Logo image is also located here: http://sph.washington.edu/images/logo/uwsph_logo_sig.gif
Set Up Instructions
- Copy the above template
- In Outlook, click “New Email”
- Within new mail message, click on down arrow under “Signature” and select “Signatures …” at the bottom of the menu
- In the Signatures and Stationery pop up window, under the “select signature to edit box” click the “New” button.
- Give the new signature a name in the pop up window and click “OK”
- Click in the blank text box under the “Edit signature” heading and paste the template in. If the formatting does not quite work (ie, too large line breaks) try again and make sure to select all of the template.
- Edit the template with your name and information following the guidelines above.
- You can add hyperlinks to your email and the sph website address using the hyperlink button. If the fonts did not copy over properly, or you accidentally change the formatting, check the font sizes and colors noted below the template above and correct the formatting within the Outlook signature editor font menu.
- Click “OK” and you have a new signature!
- Copy the above template
- In Gmail, click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Signature” section and paste your new signature text in the box.
- Gmail will automatically apply links to email and web addresses
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page!
If you need instructions for setting up a signature in an email client other than Gmail or Outlook, please contact email@example.com.
Note: When you send your signature with Outlook, the receiving mail clients Outlook, Thunderbird, Outlook Exchange, Hotmail/Office, and Gmail will properly embed the logo image at the end of the signature. Yahoo and Web Alpine will show the logo image as an attachment but will still embed it at the end of signature.