New Graduate Students
CoreSLP / Master of Science Degree Program Information
New Student Instructions
Registration / Coursework Information
All CoreSLP students will register for classes between June 23, 2014 and September 23, 2014.
Student Compliance Requirements
Please complete these online admissions requirements within 30 days of receiving your welcome packet (by 6/10/14).
- Criminal Background Check – first read the CoreSLP background check instructions and then complete the background check online through our vendor Verified Credentials
- UW Internet ID – set up your unique UW internet ID account and password online through UW IT Connect
- UW Email Account - read the UW Deskmail Instructions and then go online to set up your new UW email/deskmail account at UW Deskmail Services
Please turn in the following paperwork to the department no later than 9/26/14.
- Final Transcripts – once your final transcripts are ready and your degree is posted
- Mail the transcript(s) designated on your “Application Status Page” to the UW Graduate School.
- Mail or hand-deliver the transcripts for all schools attended and listed on your application to the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences.
- You must submit transcripts to both places.
- 25 Speech-Language Pathology Observation Hours –complete and hand deliver observation hour evidence to the department upon arrival this fall. Hours are due no later than 9/26/14.
MAIL YOUR TRANSCRIPTS TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
University of Washington
Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences
ATTN: Graduate Student Services / Chrissie Chang
1417 NE 42nd St
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98105-6246
Please review our SPHSC Clinical Compliance Policy carefully. It is each student’s responsibility to ensure all of these requirements are completed by the start of Autumn quarter. Students will turn in evidence of completion to the department in electronic format. Each student is also required to maintain, renew and update all requirements with expiration dates throughout their time in the program. Failure to maintain compliance for certain items can make you ineligible to enroll or participate in clinical coursework. If anyone cannot meet the specified deadlines, please contact us to discuss.
Please ensure that documentation of completion is in place for all the following clinical requirements by 9/26/14. For each of the items below, students will be asked to upload their proof of completion in PDF or Word format to our secure Typhon Allied Health Student Tracking System during the first week of school. For convenience and expediency in uploading, please have all documentation in electronic format upon arrival this fall.
- Health Sciences Immunization Program (HSIP) Documentation – Students cannot register for courses at the UW until initial HSIP Immunization documentation has been submitted to Campus Health Services. Please complete all steps outlined on the HSIP website as soon as possible and submit evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7/24/14.
- Health Insurance - Complete on own or through UW Student Insurance and upload evidence during the first week of class.
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability (HIPAA) Training – Complete this free, UW online training once you are contacted by our HIPAA Privacy Office (Nancy Alarcon), retaining the certificate of completion for uploading during the first week of class.
- Applicant Agreement & Conditions of Acceptance Form – Review, sign, and upload during the first week of class.
- Essential Functions of Speech & Hearing Sciences Education Form - Review, sign, and upload during the first week of class.
- UW Medicine Privacy Agreement - Review, sign, and upload during the first week of class.
- Bloodborne Pathogens/Universal Precautions Training - Complete the free, UW online training entitled “Bloodborne Pathogens for Researchers” OR complete the American Heart Association’s online Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens training, retaining the certificate of completion for uploading during the first week of class.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training – Complete on own through the American Heart Association or another provider and retain confirmation of completion for uploading during the first week of class. We recommend “Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers”.
- Hazardous Waste Management Training - Complete this free, UW online training and retain confirmation of completion for uploading during the first week of class.
- Transportation - complete on own, no evidence needs to be turned in
Importantly, before submitting or uploading documenting of any completed items, please ensure:
- You retain a hard AND electronic copy for your personal records before submitting
- Your name is clearly marked on all items, noting any applicable name changes