How to Contact Us
Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences
University of Washington
1417 N.E. 42nd St.
Seattle, WA 98105-6246
Department Main Line: (206) 685-7400
Graduate Student Services: (206) 685-7402
Undergraduate Student Services: (206) 685-7403
Prospective students interested in visiting the UW campus should review the UW Information and Visitors Center website. Information is provided about campus tours, campus events, local dining and lodging, and Seattle tourism.
We do have monthly opportunities for prospective student tours and/or meetings with faculty. Prospective students should contact Student Services several weeks in advance of planned trips to schedule a visit.
We encourage prospective graduate and post-baccalaureate students schedule visits in advance of, or during our application period (June - January). Admissions is an extremely busy time for our faculty and we cannot guarantee that applicant visits can be scheduled once offers are extended in March. To arrange a visit:
Prospective master’s and doctoral students should first read our SPHSC Visitor Guidelines and then contact:
Graduate Program Assistant
Prospective undergraduate, transfer or postbaccalaureate students should contact:
Hotels and Lodging for Visitors
The UW residence halls are an inexpensive place for prospective students to stay while visiting. Contact the UW Conference Housing and Special Services, Visiting Personnel Coordinator, Seattle, WA 98195, (206) 543-7636; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Other nearby accommodations include:
- College Inn, 206-633-4441
- University Inn, 206-632-5055
- Watertown Hotel, 866-944-4242
- Best Western University Tower Hotel, 206-634-2000
- Silver Cloud Inn, 206-526-5200
- Travelodge University, 206-525-4612
The Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences is located in Eagleson Hall on the west side of the University of Washington campus at the corner of 15th Avenue NE and NE 42nd Street.
Driving From I-5:
- Take NE 45th/50 Street Exit
- Go East on NE 45th Street
- Turn right onto 15th Avenue NE traveling south
- Turn right onto NE 42nd Street west
- Eagleson Hall will be on your left. It is an old English-style red brick building with a red tile roof.
Driving From 520:
- Take the Montlake Blvd. exit
- Cross over the Montlake Bridge going north
- Stay in the left lane
- Turn left at the stop light onto NE Pacific Street
- Travel west on NE Pacific Street, turn right onto 15th Ave. NE
- Travel north on 15th Avenue NE
- Turn left onto NE 42nd Street
- Eagleson Hall will be on your left. It is an old English-style, red brick building with a red tile roof.
In addition to street parking there is parking below George E. Russell Jr. Hall on the north side of NE 42nd Street directly across from Eagleson Hall.