How YOU Can Help Us Grow
The mission of the UW Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences is to promote excellence in education, research and service delivery, and to further coordinate our unique strengths in basic and clinical sciences to guide our educational and research goals. Thank you for supporting our students and faculty in this mission. These are examples of the impact of your gifts:
- Our Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology graduate degree programs are ranked in the top five in the nation according to the most recent edition of US News and World Report.
- We have one of the largest doctoral training programs in the country. Our doctoral graduates have gone on to pursue productive and prestigious careers in academia, research, and industry, among other things.
- We have a state of the art clinical teaching environment accessible to all of our students.
- Grateful patient gifts have enabled us to provide individuals and families who qualify, with for uncompensated care.
- Our students are awarded department, university and national awards for their excellence in academic and professional endeavors.
- We have hosted 5 years of outstanding continuing education to strengthen the clinical supervision skills of our faculty and out community partners across all professional settings in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology.
- The department has established a highly successful annual “Aphasia Day” retreat to provide a learning laboratory for our students, as well as expand the scope of services for our community members living with aphasia.
Your gift to the Speech & Hearing Sciences Excellence Fund will support the Department’s most pressing needs.
Your gift to the Speech & Hearing Clinic Special Needs Fund will provide critical support to our clinical mission.
You can support future audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and researchers in speech & hearing sciences by making a gift to a scholarship fund.
- Speech and Hearing Sciences Excellence Fund
- Speech and Hearing Clinic Special Needs
- Public Schools SLP Endowed Fund
- Neurologic Communication Disorders
Scholarships and Endowed Gifts:
- The Lesley B. and Steven G. Olswang Endowed Graduate Student Conference Fund
- The Fred and Barbara Minifie Endowed Graduate Fund
- The Palmer Endowed Graduate Fund
- The Phillip Yantis Endowed Fund
- Carrell-Miner & Siva Awards Fund
- Siva Endowed Graduate Support Fund