This news is particularly applicable to faculty who don’t use Catalyst’s existing GradeBook tool to track individual assignments, exams, etc. People who are comfortable with and already using GradeBook can continue to do so.
What exactly is this new tool?
Building on the same technology found in Catalyst GradeBook, the new grade submission tool allows faculty who don’t use GradeBook to submit final grades online by going straight to the grade submission form from the “My Class Resources” section in MyUW.
Using the new tool, faculty will be able to:
- View all the courses that are available to grade
- See how many grades have been submitted and how many are left to submit
- Review grades before submission
- View confirmation of submitted grades
- View grades submitted online for current quarter and previous quarters
More information regarding this change will be sent to all faculty and department grading contacts during Spring and Summer quarters, and training will be available for those who seek additional information or support.
See New Online Grade Submission Tool Coming Soon for more information.