HOW TO MOVE FILES FROM ONE COURSE TO ANOTHER
- From your old CommonView course, download the files to your computer and remember where you save them (click on “Download” link next to the filename”)
- Upload the files to your new CommonView course in the desired location
- Create the view (left menu) if it does not already exist
- Open the View
- Add the files by selecting Add Content > Files >
HOW TO DELETE A VIEW (left menu item)
- Click on the view name
- On the right side, you should see the name of the view — next to it are 3 icons: a pencil/pen, bunny rabbit in a hat, and an X.
- Click on the X. This will delete the view.
HOW TO INSERT ONLINE READINGS
- Open the view where you want the online reading to appear
- Click on ADD CONTENT and then select LINK (with chain icon)
- Paste in the URL and add the description
HOW TO MOVE ITEMS AROUND THE BODY
- Mouse over the item you wish to move
- You should see four icons appear and the last one is a DOUBLE ARROW — mouse over it and your mouse changes.
- With your mouse, drag the item up or down and position it in the desired place.
HOW TO COPY TEXT FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER
- Go to the text you want to copy
- Mouse over the content and click on EDIT
- Highlight the text you want to copy
- Hit CTRL-C on your keyboard (or right-click with your mouse and select COPY)
- Go to the location where you to paste
- Repeat #2 and go to the location where you want to paste
- HIT CTRL-V on your keyboard to paste (or right-click with your mouse and select PASTE)
HOW TO ADD ANOTHER CATALYST TOOL
- Go to the view where you want to add the tool
- Click on Add Content > Catalyst Tools
- Click on the name of the Catalyst tool
- Select the tool you created from the list — the one you selected should turn yellow (you must select one tool at a time)
- Hit SAVE in the upper right corner of the outline box