Grant Ochoa (left) graduated from the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, Colorado with a B.S. in Chemistry in 2016. Since then he worked as a quality control chemist for RFI LLC in Broomfield, Colorado, testing dietary supplements with analytical techniques such as HPLC. In September 2018 Grant moved to Seattle with his wife, Kristy, and dog, Marty, to attend the Chemistry PhD program at the University of Washington. As a member of the Synovec group, Grant researches computational and chemometric methods for GCxGC data analysis. In his free time, Grant enjoys hiking the beautiful Cascades range and taking trips with his family.
- P.E. Sudol, G.S. Ochoa, R.E. Synovec, Investigation of the limit of discovery using tile-based Fisher ratio analysis with comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. A (2021) 1644, 492092.
- S.E. Prebihalo, G.S. Ochoa, K.L. Berrier, K.J. Skogerboe, K.L. Cameron, J.R. Trump, S.J. Svoboda, J. K. Wickiser, R.E. Synovec, Control-normalized Fisher ratio analysis of comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry data for enhanced biomarker discovery in a metabolomic study of orthopedic knee-ligament injury, Anal. Chem. 92 (2020) 15526-15533
- G.S. Ochoa, S.E. Prebihalo, B.C. Reaser, L.C. Marney, R.E. Synovec, Statistical inference of mass channel purity from Fisher ratio analysis using comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography with time of flight mass spectrometry data, J. Chromatogr. A 1627 (2020) 461401
- T.J. Trinklein, S.E. Prebihalo, C.G. Warren, G.S. Ochoa, R.E. Synovec, Discovery-based analysis and quantification for comprehensive three-dimensional gas chromatography flame ionization detection, J. Chromatogr. A 1623 (2020) 461190
- T.J. Trinklein, D.V. Gough, C.G. Warren, G.S. Ochoa, R.E. Synovec, Dynamic pressure gradient modulation for comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography, J. Chromatogr. A 1609 (2020) 460488