The HUB allows tabling for the distribution of materials or event promotion and as such is considered a form of advertising and may only be done at HUB Literature Tables or designated locations.
Tabling Inside the HUB
The HUB has designated space on the HUB Main Street on the first floor and one (1) table in HUB Games Foyer to serve as HUB Literature Tables and is the only method of tabling permitted inside the HUB. The HUB Literature Tables are considered a reservable space within the HUB and therefore tabling requests are approved by HUB Event Services. Off-campus entities may reserve the HUB Literature Tables but are restricted from conducting sales or fundraising of any kind. Electricity is not available for use at the HUB Literature Tables.
HUB Literature Table Requirements & Conditions
- Reservations: Must be submitted via HUB EMS at least 3 days in advance and are limited to 2 days per week.
- Sales: RSOs may conduct sales or fundraising while tabling but must have a valid fundraising permit issued by SAO, a copy of which must be provided to HUB Event Services.
- Sales: Off-campus entities: are restricted from conducting sales or fundraising of any kind, recruiting, or collecting personal information.
- Political Activity: Literature tables CANNOT be used to advocate partisan political candidates and/or issues or be used during periods when major University events are scheduled in the HUB, such as student government elections.
- Recruiting: Use of the HUB Literature Tables for employee or intern recruitment is prohibited. All recruiting activities should be coordinated through the Career & Internship Career.
- UUF Approval: Off-campus entities must receive campus sponsorship and UUF approval.
- Tables: Organizations my reserve one table per day.
- Identification: All organizations using the Literature Tables MUST clearly display their name or campus department. Minimum size for this sign is 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Display Area: All activities and displays must be confined to the designated table space.
- Taping: Materials and posters may not be mounted on HUB walls, woodwork, marble pillars or casings.
- Amplification: Use of projection or sound amplification equipment requires prior approval and must be disclosed in the reservation request. Sound levels will be monitored for the comfort of HUB guests and patrons.
- Clean Up: Table users are responsible for removing and storing all materials, cleaning up their area, and removing any taped material from the table.
Tabling Outside the HUB
Student organizations, UW departments, and off-campus entities may table on the HUB Patio (outside the HUB Main Entrance) and along the brick pathway with certain limitations. HUB Event Services does not provide equipment for tabling outside the HUB.
Outdoor Tabling Conditions: RSOs/ASUW/GPSS
The Student Organization Resource Center provides tables, canopies, and chairs to RSOs, ASUW entities, and GPSS for outdoor tabling efforts. There is no cost to student organizations to reserve equipment from the Resource Center.
- Tabling Equipment: Student groups must submit a reservation request via the Resource Center EMS for tabling equipment.
- Sales/Fundraising: RSOs may conduct sales or fundraising while tabling but must have a valid fundraising permit issued by SAO, a copy of which must be provided to HUB Event Services.
Outdoor Tabling Conditions: UW Departments
UW departments must provide their own tabling equipment.
Outdoor Tabling Conditions: Off-Campus Entities
- Reservations: Must be submitted via HUB EMS at least 3 days in advance and are limited to 2 days per week. Off-campus rates apply.
- Sales: Off-campus entities are restricted from conducting sales or fundraising of any kind, recruiting, or collecting personal information.
- UUF Approval: Must receive campus sponsorship and UUF approval.
- Tabling Equipment: Off-campus entities must provide their own tabling equipment.