HUB Reservation Process
HUB Event Services prides itself in the flexible nature of its event spaces and the customer service provided to clients of the HUB. To better understand the reservation process and the impact on HUB staff and resources, HUB EVS has provided an outline of the Request and Review process.
Common Terms – Definitions
- HUB EMS = HUB Event Management System – is the online reservation system. [link]
- HUB EVS = HUB Event Services – refers to the HUB unit and staff members responsible for HUB reservations and event facilitation.
- EPM = Event Planning Meeting – A meeting scheduled by HUB EVS with the client that occurs after a reservation is CONFIRMED. A deadline for this meeting is communicated to the client in the Reservation Confirmation. SAO Advisors are required to be present for RSO events.
- Availability Check = Initial online request for space submitted by a client via HUB EMS. This step is where a review is conducted by HUB EVS staff to make an initial determination of whether or not the meeting or event can be accommodated based on space, resources, and staffing needs. A request at this point has a status of RECEIVED.
- Status = Status of a request at any given point throughout the request and review process.
- Status Type: RECEIVED = Status immediately after an Availability Check has been submitted -OR- when any CHANGES have been submitted to an existing request. This status indicates that information has been RECEIVED by HUB EVS and is being reviewed.
- Status Type: ADD’L INFO REQ-CHECK EMAIL = Status when an Availability Check cannot be completed by HUB EVS until the client has provided additional information. The client receives an email identifying what information is still missing. It is the client’s responsibility to respond in a timely manner in order for the Availability Check to continue.
- Status Type: CHECK EMAIL – UNAVAILABLE = Status when HUB EVS has determined that the request is not viable. The client is notified via email that their request cannot be processed and confirmed.
- Status Type: AVAILABILITY CHECKED – DRAFTING = Status when HUB EVS has determined that the request has met initial viability checks for space, resource, and staffing requirements and goes through additional steps of event diagramming, pricing, resource & staffing assignment, UUF determination, food/alcohol/security requirements, EPM & other deadlines are set, etc.
- Status Type: FINAL REVIEW = Status following AVAILABILITY CHECKED-DRAFTING when HUB EVS senior staff or supervisors carefully review all request details before confirming the request.
- Status Type: CONFIRMED = Status following FINAL REVIEW when HUB EVS has determined that all meeting or event parameters are viable. The client is notified via email when their request has become a CONFIRMED RESERVATION.
- Status Type: REQUEST CNX BY CLIENT = Status when the client has submitted a cancellation of an existing request via the HUB EMS system OR has declined alternate options provided by HUB EVS.
Request and Review Process
Step 1: Client Submits an Availability Check (Request)
- HUB EMS: Online Request System A client wishing to reserve HUB space is required to have a HUB EMS login and password in order to access and use HUB EMS. Request a HUB EMS Login. The HUB EMS logins are manually assigned by HUB EVS staff. HUB EMS logins are not tied to the UWNetID login system.
- Availability Check: The information provided by the client and submitted via the online reservation system allows HUB EVS staff to conduct an Availability Check for HUB space(s), resources, and staffing. It is strongly recommended that the client provide as much information as possible at this point as it helps tremendously and avoids costly delays in the reservation process.
[This step was formerly referred to as a “Reservation Request.”]
- Status: RECEIVED Upon submitting the online Availability Check to HUB EVS, the status of the request is listed as RECEIVED. This status will not change until there is a determination by HUB EVS of whether or not the space and resources, as requested, are tentatively available.
- Client Responsibility: The client may check the status of the request at any point in the request and review process by logging into the HUB EMS system and going to View My Requests.
Step 2: Client Receives Email Acknowledgment
- Email Receipt: Upon submitting an online Availability Check, the client is sent an automated email acknowledging that the information has been RECEIVED.
- Email Receipt: This email in no way represents that the request is a confirmed reservation.
- Client Responsibility: This email provides additional information that is important for the client to understand about the reservation process. IT IS THE CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO READ, UNDERSTAND, AND BE AWARE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS EMAIL.
Step 3: HUB EVS Begins the Availability Check (Review)
HUB EVS reviews a number of factors when conducting a preliminary review to determine whether or not a meeting or event can take place in the HUB. Below is a list of factors that go into this decision-making process and their various results (statuses).
It is usually at this step when HUB EVS will reach out to the client and offer alternate solutions or options should there be a conflict with any of the following factors. The client may choose to accept or decline these alternatives.
- Review: HUB Space – The physical space and impact on surrounding space and existing reservations. The scope of the event and expected attendance determine whether or not the requested space is the most appropriate location for the meeting or event.
- Review: HUB Space Setup – The staffing and time required to set up the furniture and equipment. Events held immediately before and after the requested time may impact this determination.
- Review: HUB Resources – HUB equipment & external rentals. The scope of the event determines what the HUB can provide and what may need to be obtained from outside vendors.
- Review: HUB Staffing – The number of staff required to facilitate event needs. The scope of the event determines security measures and outside staffing resources that may be required.
- Review: Reservation Time – The scope of the event and any preparation/rehearsal/decoration as well as tear-down time. The impact on surrounding space and existing reservations is reviewed.
- Review: After Hours Access – Any request that requires access to the HUB outside building hours necessitates additional scrutiny and incurs additional fees and staffing.
- Review: Food Service – The scope of food or catering service for a meeting or event determines whether a food staging area or any food permits are required.
- Review: Alcohol Service – The scope of alcohol service for a meeting or event determines the type of permit required by the Office of Special Programs. Alcohol service may require extra HUB personnel assigned to the event.
- Review: UUF Approval – The scope of the event and expected attendance determines whether UUF approval is required by the Office of Special Programs.
- Review: Historical Info – HUB EVS will review archive event files and reports for events held previously in the HUB. Historical event information helps determine how to proceed with the request.
Once the preliminary review has been made, the status of the request may change to one of the following, depending on a variety of factors. The client can check the status of their request at any time by logging into HUB EMS and going to View My Requests.
- Status: ADD’L INFO REQ-CHECK EMAIL The client will be contacted via email when HUB EVS does not have enough information to continue processing the Availability Check.
- Status: AVAILABILITY CHECKED – DRAFTING A request with this status means that the preliminary review has been completed and HUB EVS is in the process of event diagramming, pricing, resource & staffing assignment, UUF determination, food/alcohol/security requirements, EPM & other deadlines are set, etc., to prepare for FINAL REVIEW.
- Status: FINAL REVIEW A request with this status means that HUB EVS senior staff or supervisors are reviewing all event details before the request can be CONFIRMED.
- Status: CHECK EMAIL – UNAVAILABLE The client will be contacted via email when HUB EVS determines that the HUB cannot successfully accommodate the meeting or event based on complications with any combination of the factors listed above. This status effectively ends the request and review process.
- Status: REQUEST CNX BY CLIENT This status indicates that the client submitted a cancellation request via HUB EMS at any point along the request and review process or has declined any alternate options provided by HUB EVS. This status effectively ends the request and review process.
- Status: RECEIVED If the client submits any CHANGES to their request, the status reverts to RECEIVED in order for HUB EVS to re-determine whether those changes can be accommodated. This status effectively restarts the request and review process.
Step 4: HUB EVS Processes a Confirmation
- Status: CONFIRMED When HUB EVS has finalized all details, the client is contacted via email with a Reservation Confirmation. This email will have the event diagram, pricing and invoice information, additional forms (if necessary), and all pertinent deadlines.
- Client Responsibility: This email provides important reservation details for the client to know and understand. IT IS THE CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO MEET ALL DEADLINES & CONDITIONS, SIGN THE RESERVATION AGREEMENT, APPROVE ALL DIAGRAMS, AND READ & UNDERSTAND ALL POLICIES.