The HUB offers 3 Literature Tables along the HUB’s Main Street on the first floor [between the glass entries for HUB Suites 121 and 131]. Requests may be made for single table use only and are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are made via the HUB’s online reservation system.
Lit Table Requirements and Conditions
- Reservations: Must be submitted at least 3 days in advance and are limited to 2 days per week.
- Tables: Organizations may reserve one table per day.
- Display Area: All activities and displays must be confined to the designated table space.
- Taping: Materials and posters may not be mounted on HUB walls, woodwork, marble pillars or casings.
- Sound: Any projection equipment or sound amplification used in connection with the Lit Tables requires advance approval by the Information Desk Supervisor. Sound levels will be monitored for the comfort of other HUB guests and patrons.
- Clean Up: Table users are responsible for removing and storing all materials, cleaning up their area, and removing any taped material from the table.
- Sales: RSOs, ASUW, and GPSS may conduct sales or fundraising with a valid fundraising permit issued by SAO. Off-campus entities are restricted from conducting sales or fundraising of any kind.
- Political Activity: Literature tables CANNOT be used to advocate partisan political candidates and/or issues or be used during periods when major University events are scheduled in the HUB, such as student government elections.
- Recruitment: Lit Tables may NOT be used by non-University organizations for the specific purpose of employee recruitment. All recruiting activities should be conducted through the Center for Career Services in Mary Gates Hall.
- Identification: All organizations using the Literature Tables MUST clearly display their name or campus department. Minimum size for this sign is 8.5 x 11 inches.
Violation of any of these requirements or conditions may result in the loss of building use privileges, suspension and/or loss of good standing as an RSO.