Reservation FAQs

HUB Access Questions

What’s the difference between ‘reservation’ and ‘event’ time?

Reservation Time is the total time a client has access to the HUB meeting or event space for their reservation. This usually includes any time necessary for setup and teardown or cleanup.

Event Time is the start and end time for when the meeting or event is expected to take place. This time is usually what is advertised to attendees or participants.

Can I/Caterer/Event Coordinator have access to my confirmed HUB Event Space prior to my reservation time?

No, access to the event or meeting space will begin at the reservation time. In many cases, the room may not be ready or available and may still be in transition to prepare for your scheduled time. In some cases, other events or meetings may still have access to the room.

We strongly encourage our clients to request enough prep time prior to the event. However, if access is granted, hourly rates for the space will be added to the reservation charges.

Can I access the A/V Rooms for the HUB Lyceum or Ballroom(s)?

No, access to the control rooms is not permitted due to limited space and for security & liability issues with equipment.

All HUB access before or after building hours, including Sundays, must be approved in advance and incurs a HUB access fee in order to pay for building staff to be present in addition to re-programming HUB door access and lighting programs.

HUB Access Fees: $250/1st hour, $125/additional hours. $600 cap.

Do I need to pick up a key for my room?

No. HUB EVS does not provide room keys. HUB EVS student staff are responsible for opening room doors at the scheduled reservation time. We encourage clients to verify the reservation time indicated on the Confirmation/Invoice. Staff is available at the HUB Main Desk in case there is a problem with initial access to meeting or event spaces.

How do I access the service elevators?

The HUB has two service elevators in the HUB. One can be accessed from the HUB Loading Dock and both reach up to the 3rd floor. An elevator access card is required to access and operate either elevator. The staff at the HUB Main Desk can check out elevator cards to clients who must provide a photo-ID such as a driver’s license, state issued ID, or Husky Card. IDs will be returned to clients when the elevator cards are turned back in to the Main Desk.

What is available in the Food Staging Areas?

The HUB offers several amenities to help service food events to the extent of preparing but not cooking food. There are no stoves or ovens in the HUB Food Staging Areas.

Check the Food Staging Areas webpage for a list of the amenities offered in each area.

Can we use the Green Room for our event?

The HUB Lyceum and South Ballroom have Green Rooms. The Green Rooms are automatically included with any HUB Lyceum, HUB South Ballroom or HUB Ballroom events.

HUB Spaces & Amenities

Is the HUB Air-Conditioned?

No, the HUB has never been air-conditioned. The only place in the HUB that is truly air-conditioned is the HUB Bowling Alley because the a/c system existed prior to the HUB Remodel in 2010. The rest of the HUB uses a natural ventilation system that allows cool air to circulate through the building overnight as weather patterns dictate. However, unseasonably warm weather may render the ventilation system ineffective. For additional information, please submit a question to the HUB.

Can I reserve the HUB Lounge and Street?

Both the HUB Street and Lounge are not generally reservable spaces. On rare occasions, and at our discretion, the HUB Lounge has been approved for special events or in conjunction with major events. The HUB Street has been used for small fairs and presentations. The HUB Street is not available for request using the online reservation system. Please email HUB Event Services to inquire about the HUB Street.

Is WiFi available for my event guests/participants?

A UWNetID is required to access the “University of Washington” wireless network in the HUB and on campus. HUB Event Services can help establish temporary UWNetIDs for groups reserving the HUB. Other access questions may be directed to UW-IT. Please review Using Wireless at the UW for details.

What is the resolution of the screens in the HUB?

The screen resolution of all screens in HUB Meeting and Event spaces is: 1280×720.

Why do I need a Facilities Services Assistant (FSA) at my event?

All events that occur in the evenings and weekends will be assigned a student FSA who is responsible for all event logistics and to serve as the primary contact for the event organizer. HUB Event Services provides training to all student employees to handle almost any incident, crisis, question or concern that may arise during events.

What is a Diagram Service Fee?

Diagramming services are included with HUB reservations. Any event that requires a custom set will have an initial diagram of their event sent to the event organizer as part of their confirmation/invoice. Minor changes to the initial diagram may be easily accommodated and handled with early communication between the client and HUB EVS staff.

Initial Diagram + 2 updates are included in the reservation. Additional updates will be charged a Design Service Fee per update.

Do you take credit cards?

Yes! HUB EVS accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards but does not accept American Express. Other payment options: University Budget, Husky Card Account (not Dining Account), Cash. The HUB Main Desk is open 8am-4:30pm to process payments.

Can the HUB store items for me until my event date?

The HUB does not have sufficient storage space to be able to accept or store deliveries prior to an event.

Deliveries: HUB Event Services recommends that deliveries be timed so they arrive on the day of the event. It is important that the delivery address specify the event name, recipient and specific HUB room to which it should be delivered.

Storage: Overnight storage within the meeting or event space is allowed so long as the client has reserved the space continuously from one day to the next.

The HUB cannot guarantee the safety or security of items left in rooms for an extended period of time. Clients and guests are strongly encouraged to remove expensive or sensitive items from meeting or event spaces.

I’d like to put up a poster/sign for my event. How can you help?

HUB Event Services can provide easels to post directional or promotional signage in and around your meeting/event. HUB EVS provides up to 10 easels per event upon request. Last-minute/Day-of requests for easels will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis and will be depend on the available supply of easels.

Posters/Flyers/Signs CANNOT be taped/tacked to any surface in the HUB meeting or event spaces, especially room doors, windows, glass.

Review our HUB Advertising policies to advertise campus events for up to 2-weeks on the HUB bulletin boards or banner space.

How can I make sure the Padelford escalators are running to accommodate guests for my event in the HUB?

The Padelford escalators run from 7:30am-8:30pm, M-F. A request must be submitted to Facility Services to schedule additional time for the escalators to run.

UW Departments/Staff may submit a request using FS-Works to make arrangements and to provide a budget number for the charges.
Student organizations and Off-campus groups must request the service with HUB Event Services. Facility Services charges apply and will be reflected in the HUB Reservation Confirmation/Invoice.

Can I rent some of the HUB’s portable equipment for an event in another building?

For security and liability reasons, the HUB does not rent nor make available any of its equipment for use in other campus buildings. Please contact the building or reservation manager of the intended event space for assistance.