UWAA Fund for RSOs
University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA) Fund for Registered Student Organizations has been created to allocate money to support the on-campus events, programs, and activities of Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). The Fund is intended to support the ability of RSOs to enrich campus culture, foster student empowerment, and enhance community impact. The funding is distributed through the Student Activities Office.
How much money is available?
The maximum grant an RSO may receive is $500 per academic year.
Who can apply?
Any Registered Student Organization currently registered with the Student Activities Office is eligible to apply. Requests are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Funding Request Process
- Log in to RSO Community
- Click on the “Student Groups” tab, select the correct RSO name
- In the “Documents” tab, download and complete the appropriate form
- In the “Budget” tab, click on the “Budget Request” tab
- Select “Submit New Budget Request,” fill out the form, click on “Add Document” and upload completed funding request form
- Click on “Add Line Item” and enter the appropriate type/name/amount
- Click on “Save” to complete the request
- Make an appointment with an SAO Adviser to have the funding request reviewed
- Work with the assigned SAO Adviser to receive the allocation
- Place logos for SAO Logo and Alumni Association on promotional materials (RSOs are also encouraged to acknowledge sponsors at events)
- Provide SAO with 3 copies of promotional materials
- RSOs are encouraged to provide SAO with 3 photos from the funded activity
- Event/program/activity or resources must take place or be used on campus
- Funds shall be spent according to UW, state and SAO policies
- All requests are subject to review and approval by the Student Activities Office
Applicants are encouraged to request funding for programs, on-campus events and projects of all kinds; however, there are some limitations. UWAA is a 501c3 organization and cannot fund political activities or religious activities. In addition, funds cannot be used for:
- Political candidates or ballot initiatives
- Organization membership dues
- Giveaways and prizes
- Donations to charities
- Office supplies
- Items for resale
- Goods and services provided by the HUB Resource Center
Updated: November 16, 2016
Contact SAO regarding the content on this page