ASUW & GPSS Event Funding
The ASUW funding process is call Special Appropriations and the GPSS funding process is called Special Allocations. Both funds are intended for Registered Student Organizations (RSO) to supplement their programming and events. Funds should be used to benefit a cross-section of students.
GPSS Special Allocations
Applications for GPSS Special Allocation or GPSS Diversity Funding will be accepted until funds are depleted.
For additional information visit GPSS Funding or contact GPSS at
Please plan for two weeks of time between submitting an application and receiving an invitation to present to the ASUW Special Appropriations Committee or the GPSS Finance and Budget Committee. Please Note: Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications in autumn or winter quarter. Funding may be exhausted before the Committee is able to process spring quarter applications.
Funding Request Process
- Log in to RSO Community
- Click on the “Student Groups” tab, select the correct RSO name
- In the “Documents” tab, download and complete the appropriate form
- In the “Budget” tab, click on the “Budget Request” tab
- Select “Submit New Budget Request,” fill out the form, click on “Add Document” and upload completed funding request form
- Click on “Add Line Item” and enter the appropriate type/name/amount
- Click on “Save” to complete the request
- Make an appointment with an SAO Adviser to have the funding request reviewed
- Use the ASUW or GPSS logo on the publicity materials for the event
- Announce ASUW and/or GPSS as a supporter during the event.
- Meet with the assigned SAO Adviser regarding the allocation spending.
- Send an event narrative and digital copies of promotional materials to ASUW and/or GPSS and the SAO Adviser within two weeks following the funded event.
Associated Students of UW (ASUW)
Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS)
Updated: November 16, 2016
Contact SAO regarding the content on this page